This time last year.....

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkent

ProEngineer/Entrepreneur
Reaction score
It was about this time last year that I started getting organized and started studying for the upcoming test in April.

[SIZE=18pt]NOT THIS YEAR!!!!![/SIZE]

Signed,

DKent, P.E.

:multiplespotting: :bananalama: :party-smiley-048: :multiplespotting:

I was pretty stressed this time last year. Worried that I might not have passed. Boy, am I happy to be watching other people stressing this time around. Best of luck!

:winko:

This post was prepared by me or under my direct supervision,

Signed,

Dleg, P.E.

You guys are just plain old mean...but I'll tell you that I'm glad I'm not in that boat anymore either...

Signed and sealed

jfusilloPE

I appreciate all the post, and hope to learn from those who have taken and passed the exam.

Sincerely, Reviewed by:

FLBuff FLBuff's supervisor, PE

Are we there yet??? :waitwall:

This time last year i was going FREAKING INSANE waiting for the results to come out. I think I checked the board every 45 seconds hoping for news. I feel for you folks going through the same thing now.

-GT

I keep checking the mail for my new Sports Illustrated and Christmas gift from my Mom. Other than that, just another day.

-Hillbilly, P.E.

^^^ I'm waiting on my new Super Chevy, and Camaro Performers subscriptions to start rolling in

DVINNY, P.E.

My sentiments exactly.
How are things going TXengrChick? We haven't heard from you in a while.
Thanks for asking! I'm doing okay. We have had an insanely busy month! Had to do lots of travelling and family-type stuff for Thanksgiving... then my daughter was in a semi-professional production of the Nutcracker. She had 8 performances and 2 dress rehearsals in 11 days, in addition to the normal school and work stuff. That's a LOT for a 6yr old... and for mommy! Now, I've got a little over a week til the family starts rolling in for Christmas! I keep secretly hoping that my doc will decide that work is causing too much stress and put me on bed rest for a while! Really, it's not work that is the problem... but life would be MUCH easier and I'd have time to get everything else done if I didn't have to work :)

I got home today, and my new Chevy High Performance mag was in the mail. First one of that new subscribtion.

YES

It has been EXTREMELY gratifying to NOT be waiting for results this time around!! :D

I was a presenter at a workshop where I had not seen most of the participants since last years workshop (always at the beginning of December). When I was introduced, the announcer gave a brief bio that included my new and improved title - professional engineer. I got a standing ovation! :woot:

I almost committed a major faux pas though. I modified my lead-in to say, "Thank you for that wonderful introduction. I have almost forgotten that it has almost been a years since I obtained my PE-ness." Fortunately I caught myself before I said that !!!!!!!

Morale of the story: Watch what you say at message boards - some of that might come back to you at the WRONG time. :laugh:

JR, PE (First time I have signed it this way)

but life would be MUCH easier and I'd have time to get everything else done if I didn't have to work
ironically, one of my common sayings is "I could get so much more done if it wasn't for this employment thing getting in the way all the time."

One of these days we'll all be independently wealthy.

Thanks for asking! I'm doing okay. We have had an insanely busy month! Had to do lots of travelling and family-type stuff for Thanksgiving... then my daughter was in a semi-professional production of the Nutcracker. She had 8 performances and 2 dress rehearsals in 11 days, in addition to the normal school and work stuff. That's a LOT for a 6yr old... and for mommy! Now, I've got a little over a week til the family starts rolling in for Christmas!

You definitely have been busy...wow!

I keep secretly hoping that my doc will decide that work is causing too much stress and put me on bed rest for a while! Really, it's not work that is the problem... but life would be MUCH easier and I'd have time to get everything else done if I didn't have to work :)

I think a lot of us would *love* to be put on bed-rest...and we aren't even pregnant! BTW, when are you expecting your new bundle of joy?

Last year at this time, I was finishing up my notebooks after reading and trying to study the topics as listed by the NCEES so I could be ready to do nothing but work practice problems in the new year... this year I am putting the finishing touches on the new nursey (former guest room) for the two bundles that should be here 'any day now'.

bigray76, PE, LEED AP

[in a Bevis voice] ...he almost said "Penis". [/in a Bevis voice] :D

I almost committed a major faux pas though. I modified my lead-in to say, "Thank you for that wonderful introduction. I have almost forgotten that it has almost been a years since I obtained my PE-ness." Fortunately I caught myself before I said that !!!!!!!

Back