The PE Exam has been a life lesson and long journey

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maximus808

Reaction score
Finally got my results today in Hawaii and passed the Civil PE Trans Depth on the second try. For those of you who didn't make it, trust me, I know how it feels. When I failed the first time, I was hoping it was all a bad dream, I couldn't sleep that night and the next day I went to beach to just clear my mind and sorrow. That same night I got the fail letter, I opened up my Six Minute Solutions book and worked problems. I enrolled in an ASCE review course, the PPI Passing Zone, picked up the Chelapati's Traffic Book, Goswami's All In One Guide, and more books. I tried to remember a point in my college or even high school life where I didn't do well on an exam and studied extra hard to do better on the next one. When the test date neared, I felt like I was much more prepared than the last time but I failed to get a good nights rest. That is key! Be sure to get lots of food, candy, energy drinks, if you test center allows it....it helped. But I was so determined to pass it this next time and it paid off. You can do it too! Trust me, if you give yourself the chance to do it, you can. You went through 4+ years of hard engineering courses and this is no different. Good luck to my fellow engineering board members!

First off, congrats Maximus.

I think your advise is good to the next crew who will be taking the exam. Prepare, prepare and prepare. The exam is hard, but not impossible.

Finally got my results today in Hawaii and passed the Civil PE Trans Depth on the second try. For those of you who didn't make it, trust me, I know how it feels. When I failed the first time, I was hoping it was all a bad dream, I couldn't sleep that night and the next day I went to beach to just clear my mind and sorrow. That same night I got the fail letter, I opened up my Six Minute Solutions book and worked problems. I enrolled in an ASCE review course, the PPI Passing Zone, picked up the Chelapati's Traffic Book, Goswami's All In One Guide, and more books. I tried to remember a point in my college or even high school life where I didn't do well on an exam and studied extra hard to do better on the next one. When the test date neared, I felt like I was much more prepared than the last time but I failed to get a good nights rest. That is key! Be sure to get lots of food, candy, energy drinks, if you test center allows it....it helped. But I was so determined to pass it this next time and it paid off. You can do it too! Trust me, if you give yourself the chance to do it, you can. You went through 4+ years of hard engineering courses and this is no different. Good luck to my fellow engineering board members!
Congratulations, Maximus808, now, you free of study!! what a relieve. unfortunately for me, I have to do it again. One day I will make it.

congrats- I passed the civil transportation 2nd time too

Back