The OCD thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the wire terminals on the lamppost fixture were corroded.

Good thing you fixed that...I see a lot of fires that start from resistance heating on corroded wiring. Also, make sure your power cords are fully seated in outlets/power strips...that also causes fires.

The leftmost tab in my browser is the weather, the next tab is facebook, then EB, then flyertalk.

I was reading these to my wife and she was laughing like crazy at all of you. OK, and laughing at me too......

Oh, and I'm supposed to tell you that I always rearrange the dishwasher before we run it so that it is fully and efficiently loaded.

Last edited by a moderator:
I first drove over them in California and I said, "Are your drivers so bad out here that they had to put them in?"

We're spending $7M a year in striping...I don't think we'll add recessed pavement markers to the mix.

We call it driving by braille...

I was reading these to my wife and she was laughing like crazy at all of you. OK, and laughing at me too......

Oh, and I'm supposed to tell you that I always rearrange the dishwasher before we run it so that it is fully and efficiently loaded.
I don't think that makes you OCD. I think that makes you my mom. We didn't even try to load the dishwasher after a big meal, because we wouldn't do it "right."

I first drove over them in California and I said, "Are your drivers so bad out here that they had to put them in?"

We're spending $7M a year in striping...I don't think we'll add recessed pavement markers to the mix.

We call it driving by braille...
WYDOT has braille! I used the rumble strips to find my way thru a ground blizzard west of Laramie on I-80 once

I also like to play delineator hide and seek during ground blizzards. "I'm on the road, I'm on the road, OH SNAP!" as one shows up in front of the car.

Good thing you fixed that...I see a lot of fires that start from resistance heating on corroded wiring. Also, make sure your power cords are fully seated in outlets/power strips...that also causes fires.
My daughter burned her finger earlier this week because one of the batteries in her Wii controller had somehow corroded and she installed it backwards. It heated up and started to melt the controller...

Walking out the door in the morning, it's pat - pat - pat - "wallet, pager, keys, check". No, I don't have a pager, but I started the routine when I did have one and it stuck. Now the cellphone occupies the "pager" slot.

spectacles, testicles, wallet and watch

Edit: How did I miss nearly an entire page of the conversation...

Last edited by a moderator:

My daughter burned her finger earlier this week because one of the batteries in her Wii controller had somehow corroded and she installed it backwards. It heated up and started to melt the controller...

Yeah, you aren't supposed to run Alkaline batteries down past 1.2 VDC. If you do, they start leaking corrosive electrolyte, and producing heat. This is especially bad if they are rechargeable, and you put them back on the charger when they are too low.

They were rechargeable, and I'm pretty sure they ran them all the way down multiple times before recharging...

Back