The OCD thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to spit in the urinal everytime I use one. I don't know why. I feel weird if I don't. When taking a shower, I start at the hair and go south. Anything else is just gross.

I tend to take an even number of steps between anything even if I have to stutter step just to make it even. Or if I'm on a sidewalk I have to make sure each section gets either an even amount of steps or that two consecutive sections will add up to an even number.

Oh, I used to be like this. If I didn't do it, something bad would happen. I also refused to step on the joint between sidewalk slabs, even if it meant making a weird little small step. I also still tend to gravitate towards even numbers- on the gas pump, pausing in a book, dates.

I tend to take an even number of steps between anything even if I have to stutter step just to make it even. Or if I'm on a sidewalk I have to make sure each section gets either an even amount of steps or that two consecutive sections will add up to an even number.

Oh, I used to be like this. If I didn't do it, something bad would happen. I also refused to step on the joint between sidewalk slabs, even if it meant making a weird little small step. I also still tend to gravitate towards even numbers- on the gas pump, pausing in a book, dates.
Everyone knows

"Step on a crack. Break your mother's back."

I don't need that guilt hanging around my neck.

We have a fair amount of 2-way light switches in my house. I can't turn off a light by flipping the switch up. I will seriously go to the other side of the room to flip the other switch so that they're both down when the light is off. When we first moved into our new house, one of the switches was "upside down" so that one was always up when the light was off. I didn't make it until the end of the day before I pulled out a screwdriver and flipped it over.

We have a fair amount of 2-way light switches in my house. I can't turn off a light by flipping the switch up. I will seriously go to the other side of the room to flip the other switch so that they're both down when the light is off. When we first moved into our new house, one of the switches was "upside down" so that one was always up when the light was off. I didn't make it until the end of the day before I pulled out a screwdriver and flipped it over.
I do that too.

I do that too.
something simlar to this, but the pair of switches on each wall have to be the same direction.

Three pocket check for wallet, keys, phone.

Me too! Except it must be wallet, phone, keys in that order.
+1

We have a fair amount of 2-way light switches in my house. I can't turn off a light by flipping the switch up. I will seriously go to the other side of the room to flip the other switch so that they're both down when the light is off.
+10

- I can't be in the presence of a non-functional (or poorly functional) computer. I will literally sit down at it and work on it (within reason) until it is running properly.

- Desk organization (home and work) and just organization in general.

- Landscape lighting, I check these probably once per week to make sure no bulbs are burned out.

- PC system back-ups and junk file maintenance/organization.

I write lists... for everything. Sometimes I even write out a list of lists I need to make. Even for something that I do on a regular basis, like cleaning the house gets a list, and every day has it's own list, that includes when I should wash my face and brush my teeth and what I am wearing for the day and what I will be eating etc etc etc they are often color coded

If I make a mistake while writing a list in pen, I have to restart the list on a new sheet of paper.

If a light bulb is burned out, I won't relax until it is fixed/replaced.

I can't use the wrong version of their/there/they're.

Now, now they're, your going cause some posters to get there feelings hurt and their going to come after you.

Their ewe go misspelling ewe.
It's only irritating when others do it, but I can't do it at all.

<---Goes to search Dex' 13,739 posts for incorrect usage of their/they're/there.
Don't forget the ~5k posts that are still out there from before I was deleted...

I can't use the wrong version of their/there/they're.

"Ensure" vs. "insure"

And "assure".

usher-news-article52113.png

(Usher)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back