TEXAS - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
still waiting..................................................................

I did..they said they have not got the mail yet. They said the mail ususally gets there at 11-12 on Mondays, but there is a possibility that they might get it at 1-2 pm!!!

Whats up with Texas. You guys are always getting your results first?

Don't call the Texas Board!!!!!!!! Leave them alone! You can tell they are getting a little stressed out, and we need them to get our results on the web as soon as they can.

Call the NCEES instead! Nobody Can Explain Exceptional Slowness!

Mike I agree with you for the most part, but the Texas Board deserves some of the stress thay are under right now.

All they had to do was pick up the phone and call NCEES and post the info on the website.

I still, for the life of me, don't understand all of this cloak and dagger bullshit.

Mike I agree with you for the most part, but the Texas Board deserves some of the stress thay are under right now.
All they had to do was pick up the phone and call NCEES and post the info on the website.

I still, for the life of me, don't understand all of this cloak and dagger bullshit.
Where the hell is Jack Bauer? Get him on this!

I think its probably wholesale lack of organization. They are all probably confused.

I don't see why, but maybe its the fact that the boars are run by the "that's the way we've always done it" crowd.

Ed

Did my best to reproduce a story I heard a few years back:

That?s the Way We?ve Always Done it

Put 4 gorillas in a cage. Hang a bunch of bananas from a hook in the center, just out of reach. Put a stepladder in the cage.

Eventually, one gorilla will use the step ladder to reach the bananas. As soon as he gets close, blast all 4 gorillas with cold water from a fire hose. The one going for the bananas will back down and all of them will cuddle into the corner.

Sooner or later, another gorilla or perhaps the same gorilla will go for the bananas again. When it gets close, blast them all with the cold water from the fire hose again. They will start to make the connection.

Now, replace one of the original gorillas with a new gorilla who knows nothing about the fire hose. None of the original gorillas will go for the bananas anymore because they know the consequences. The new one will eventually go for the bananas. The other gorillas will beat the tar out of him before he even gets close, not wanting to get hit by the cold water.

Now replace the next original gorilla with a new one who also knows nothing of the fire hose. When this one goes for the bananas, it will likewise get the tar beat out of it by the other gorillas. Even the first replacement gorilla that has not seen the fire hose will join in on the festivities although it doesn?t know why.

Keep up the process until you have replaced all the original gorillas and now you have nothing but gorillas that have never seen the fire hose. In fact put the fire hose away- you won?t need it anymore. Now, each gorilla has at least once gotten the tar beat out of it for going for the bananas and will never go after them again. No gorilla will ever so much as think about the bananas and no gorilla will even know why. They?ll just know that ?that?s the way we?ve always done it?.

Ed

Last edited:
Anyone try downloading the PE roster to see if it's been updated, yet?

dawg, :lmao: :beerchug

The bananas represent change. Unless we all stand strong and go after the powers that be (NCEES, ELSES, the state boards) no one's gonna get the bananas! :D

Maybe I'll write some letters. Maybe we all should! :thumbsup:

Ed

:claps:
i hope someone gets those bananas and post them SOON!
I think the lesson there is very clear. Scientists are a$$holes.

As for the change. I was thinking this weekend that if we are to change things we need to be heard thru a "body" that has some political represntation. What about we all contact our societiey ie. ASCE, ASME, etc. Thest people have a tremondus amout of political power, and if we can convince them that change is needed, the battle will be 75% won (at least I think).

Any thoughts? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back