Talking to boss

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As many of you already know, I've been offered a job for a company in FL. I'm considering the offer right now, but I'm honestly leaning toward turning it down for a variety of reasons which I won't get into here. I was curious if anyone thinks it's a good idea to sit down with my current boss to discuss things before I make the final decision? I know that he would not hold anything against me for looking for a new job considering the work situation here the past 6 months, but I was wondering if anything good could come of it. The main thing I want to discuss is the security of our office here and the possibility of raises/promotions next year. If I'm given a promotion (which I deserve) the raise would make this salary pretty much equal to the salary for the job in FL.
I'm not sure if it is worth it to bring this up or if I should just let it go. Mrs. Ble thinks I should talk to him, but I thought I would see if anyone here has had any experience with this kind of situation? Thanks!
I am not sure that I could be paid enough to live in florida. To put up with the Hurricanes and the heat during the summer...

That alone is worth a pretty good bump in pay. Is the cost of living in florida less than in carolina?

Same here. I've been in South Florida in July a couple of times. I'd be more inclined to move North from here than South.

Back