Surveying Exam for 2023

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlphaXY

Reaction score
Hi,

I just want to get your opinion. I am planning to take the surveying exam this June 2023. I have REZA and Kirk T. old review manuals back in 2015 and 2016. I am torn between taking classes vs getting their new and updated manuals vs just relying on these old references. Now, I know seismic exam mostly depends on the codes that update. so an old IBC 2012 may not be enough for the 2023 exam. but how about the surveying? I'm reading that it's mostly trigonometry and I partially agree without reviewing my old references. I have surveying classes back in college many years ago. my only worry is, would there be significant changes in these manual and reviewer updates?

I just do not want to spend too much money on surveying though I'm hearing for some people like me who are not doing this every day may struggle because of time management.

please share your thoughts

my biggest piece of advice is to invest in what you can now so you only have to take surveying once and be done. a couple hundred extra is worth over failing and waiting another quarter and spending more time studying.

2015 and 2016 references aren't significantly old, but keep in mind that they changed the curriculum/what they test you on back in 2018. It's worth taking one online review course to give you a good refresher on what's being tested nowadays and the CBT practice exams that come with them are so valuable to help you with time management. With an online course, you'll get an updated manual also.

Back