Survey: time spent studying and your result

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That seems backwards, no?   I know nothing about georgia but it seems like it would be impossible to enforce a requirement to take the SE, before the PE if they don't recognize the SE.  If they don't have a separate license for different engineers why would they require one georgia PE to pass 24hrs of exams and other georgia PE's to pass 8hrs of exams.  I'm sure you know your state requirements, it just seems incredibly weird that GA would do that.
They enforce it by only allowing you to sign up for the 16 hour exam if they deem you practice structural engineering (http://www.seaog.org/SE Rule_Rev_16-9-7.pdf).  You don't have to pass 24 hours worth of exams to get a PE, just the 16 hour exam.  For instance when I applied to take the exam (I applied last summer), there wasn't an option as to which exam I wanted to take but the state automatically (and only) accepted me to take the 16 hour exam.  As a result I took the 16 hour SE exam in April, passed both days and am now a registered PE in Georgia.  However, the state doesn't recognize the title SE so I'm not registered as an SE in Georgia.  It is extremely frustrating to us young engineers who have to pass a 16 hour exam that isn't meant for people in our situation with around 5 years of experience to pass. 

16 hours + 4 tabbing - Fail - Civil/Structural APR16

24 hours + 4 tabbing (in addition to previous obv) - Pass - Civil/Structural OCT16

but I'm terrible at focusing and studying. both attempts I regretted not studying more. Until I got that green pass. 

Back