Survey Exam - need advice/help

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

singrasj

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just got my results today. Failed again. Took the exam on July 20th. This was my second time taking it and I thought I did good this time compare to my first attempt, where I did not have time to solve all or most of the questions. I actually had time to go back to the questions that I flagged, I felt confident with my answers, and I guessed about 8 to 10 questions. But I did worse apparently. For my first attempt, I got proficient for Topographic Survey and Accurate and Error Analysis, and got deficient for the other two topics. This time around, I only got proficient in Construction Surveys. Im currently using Reza’s Winter 2020 workbook and EET July 2019 Review Book. I don’t really know what I’m doing wrong anymore. Any advice or tips that I need to hear?

Hi all,

Just got my results today. Failed again. Took the exam on July 20th. This was my second time taking it and I thought I did good this time compare to my first attempt, where I did not have time to solve all or most of the questions. I actually had time to go back to the questions that I flagged, I felt confident with my answers, and I guessed about 8 to 10 questions. But I did worse apparently. For my first attempt, I got proficient for Topographic Survey and Accurate and Error Analysis, and got deficient for the other two topics. This time around, I only got proficient in Construction Surveys. Im currently using Reza’s Winter 2020 workbook and EET July 2019 Review Book. I don’t really know what I’m doing wrong anymore. Any advice or tips that I need to hear?
It sounds like you have the knowledge and ability in the required topics to be able to pass. It may just be your testing strategy that needs a little improvement. My recommendation would be to be able to scan through the test and recognize which topic a problem is targeting, then classifying the problem as easy/medium/hard difficulty. Answer the easy questions on your first pass through, skip medium and hard questions until the second pass. Answer medium questions and leave hard until the end for more time-consuming analysis or educated guess depending on the time remaining.

Back