Studying for PE Exam Transportation Depth

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Moe

Reaction score
Can you guys please tell me the best way to study for the Transportation afternoon module?

I am having a hard time finding books and problems to solve that will make me use the AASHTO, HCM, MUTCD, and the other references. Also, in the April 2013 exam, I will have to use the new AASHTO and HCM. Please give me some guidance guys on how and where I can find problems to solve and use those references.

Thanks

This is a good question. When NCEES updates their exam reference standards, practice questions can take years to be updated as well. Even NCEES's own Transpo Sample Qs and Ss hasn't been updated. https://app.ncees.org/study_materials/?exam=PE&product=2E But, don't stress over this. Just study the correct/latest reference standards editions and use them when looking up answers. I've noticed that the correct answers to practice questions can still usually be found even when using an older reference standard editions (so hopefully the same is true for using a newer edition). Solve problems from the NCEES Transpo sample Qs, the Transpo 6-Min Solutions, Goswami sample exams, PPI sample exams/sample problems, etc. Good luck.

Back