• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to EngineerBoards and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Structural References for PE Civil Structural Depth or SE Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E720

Reaction score
I have the following references. Note that all of these are for the 2015 IBC/AASHTO 7th edition which is what the PE Civil Structural Depth is based on (the SE Exam has moved on to the 2018 IBC and 8th edition of AASHTO).

Structural Engineering Reference Manual by Alan Williams, 9th ed. - $100 + shipping (paid $150) - This is REALLY useful in the PM of the structural depth portion. It has ALL of the materials and I especially found the section on Bridges useful (since I am a building engineer) and also the charts and tables in the appendix saved me a ton of time.
Design of Reinforced Masonry Structures, CMACN - $20 + shipping (paid $30) - I never had any classes or experience in masonry, this was the cheapest book I could find. It is a GEM! CMACN published it and it looks like they are all sold out right now. The only problem I had with it was that the binding broke in half almost right away (it was very cheaply made) so I had it spiral bound which makes it really easy to have open next to you on the exam table. It also has 3 complete building designs, design tables and charts in the back, and dozens of masonry details.
AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications, 7th edition - $120 + shipping (paid $120) - This comes in 2 binders. It is already all tabbed up (I can remove the tabs if you would like). I don't see this on the AASHTO website, but the newest edition is selling for $481.

Buy all of them for just $200 + shipping

Hi, I was wondering if the Design of Reinforced Masonry Structures Book was still available?

Hi, I would like the AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications, 7th edition, if it is still available. Thank you!

Yes both of those are still available. I PM'd you both.

Back