Specific TEST question!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCcarguy

Reaction score
Well, just like after EVERY exam, I think it's a good time to remind everyone that you signed an agreement to NOT talk about specific questions that were on the exam. We had someone lose his/her ability to become licensed because they broke that rule ON THIS SITE, so NCEES is watching....keep that info to yourselves.

I'm hoping you all passed though!

Not that I am itching to do this, but just curious, has anyone heard of license being revoked of a person who reveaed the question few years after the exam that he passed? Just curious.

"lose his/her ability to become licensed" is not the same thing as having your license revoked, or having your test result thrown out.

losing your ability to become licensed appears to me to be a permanent thing.

having your license revoked implies you're already licensed...you might or might not be able to be licensed again.

having your test result thrown out would mean that you are not going to be licensed this go around. This particular individuals' state board would have to decide whether they would be readmitted to an exam after the disciplinary action. I never heard what the final outcome for this individual was.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe in that case, his results were thrown out (the exam was not even scored) which is a temporary thing. However, the NCEES also reported him to the Ohio board, and left the decision up to them whether or not to let him take it again. It's a pretty serious ethics violation, so if I were him, I wouldn't hold my breath over every being able to get my license.

How did they know who 'he' was? I just looked at my profile and it's pretty generic...

Kinda like that email that floated around hotmail for a long time that they would pay you X amount of $$ for everyone your forwarded it to. How would they know where to send the check?

Admin folks have access to more information such as IP address. This really did happen and it is a very serious topic.

How did they know who 'he' was? I just looked at my profile and it's pretty generic...
The article explains that EB provided the IP address associated with the user and the NCEES security team was able to trace it back to him. Without the help from the admins at EB.com, it would have been difficult (although not impossible), for the NCEES to track him down otherwise.

Like it says above:

BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING!!!

:vadar:

:Chris: :Chris: :Chris:

I'm definitely not going to discuss specific exam questions here, but I think that the NCEES' actions regarding this rule are a bit overboard. One thing that annoys me is that after I take the test (I have taken it 3 times now, hope I passed in April!), I have no clue what I missed and what I got right. I have to rely on my memory when I get home to check out what I may have messed up, and after two days of testing, my brain is fried, so I end up learning nothing. Just my rant though...

The guy was stupid to post the question (how many times did my proctors remind us that we can't discuss it, ever), but never being able to get his license seems really harsh.

my question is why do they care so much, beyond that is an ethics test, it is getting to be like the SATs where the review companies can generate questions so close to the real thing that the possibility for overlap is good.

my question is why do they care so much, beyond that is an ethics test, it is getting to be like the SATs where the review companies can generate questions so close to the real thing that the possibility for overlap is good.
They care because they reuse questions from test to test. Once they retire a question, it usually ends up in an NCEES sample exam, or some other study material. But when it is still an "active" question, plastering it on the internet would give some people an unfair advantage on the exam.

Back