SOTU 2013

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt Worley PE

Run silent, run deep
Reaction score
OK, I fell asleep about 9:30, woke up just before 10, and switched over to Tosh and The Burn.

I'm assuming I didn't miss much.

I've stopped watching the thing since it's all just Kabuki theater anyway. Takes a lot less time to read it than to watch it since I don't have to pause for 30 seconds and watch a standing O after every sentence.

Wasn't that a standing O in front of Biden and Boehner?

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched UK lose and the dog show thing. I'm pretty sure I got more out of those than I would have from the SOTU. Just more of the same :mf_followthroughfart:

From the SOTU: We’ll bring down costs by changing the way our government pays for Medicare, because our medical bills shouldn’t be based on the number of tests ordered or days spent in the hospital – they should be based on the quality of care that our seniors receive.

Ummm...yeah.

This kind of break from economic reality is astounding.

Government can set prices, they cannot set costs. If they set the price of an item/service at $99.00 and the actual cost is $99.01 or greater, at some point in the very near future, that item/service will be in very short supply.

I dont remember past presidents having to run around the country stirring people up for their proposed policies, but it could just be my bad memory.

Didn't bother to watch. Heard the same lies four years ago, haven't felt a need to hear them again ever since.

I didn't watch either, but from the reports I heard from, he's taking his agenda and executive order power to the next level since he doesn't have to worry about getting re-elected again(at least so far, might push for a drop in term limits yet)

Back