Sometimes you just need to scream!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2007. I think the next computer we get at home when the current one dies will not have MS office, but Open Office instead.
Interesting. You can adjust your auto-save parameters within the user options. I believe the frequency in which it auto-saves can also be modified. I run both 2007 and 2010 and have yet to encounter a crash. Might be what type of files you are working with as well, legacy extension vs. the new extension. When possible, I always save to the new extension so there are no discrepancies. Also, did it not give you an option to attempt a recovery?

I use OpenOffice on my kids netbooks. It's awesome, never have had any problems with it...We're going to get a new desktop at home soon and I will probably use that over iWork as well...

Must. Restrain. Fist. Of. DEATH. Beware the dreaded WALL OF TEXT.

Summary: Nurse Practitioner (NP) causes me massive disruptions in my life, and is in general incompetent and incredibly frustrating. Not covered: She's nearly killed my wife, twice in two weeks.

About 5 or 6 months ago, my Primary care was handed off from one FNP (whose work I loved) to another; the one that I had been seeing had done a wonderful job for me (good enough that I strongly recommended her to multiple transwomen). So I was leery about the new person taking over.

The first time I saw her was to "introduce" her to me, and to discuss my treatment, and to make sure she had all the documentation she needed. I did *not* want to have any issues with my medicines.

In any case, we discussed everything beforehand. A few visits later, I'm sick and have massive buildup in my ear/nose/throat... and I'm having massive mood swings, because my chewable meds aren't being entirely absorbed properly due to how much buildup I had. So I suggest that maybe I should go on injectables, because this happens every year.

We discuss it for a while, going back and forth, and she says she'll research it and write me a prescription if she decides it's reasonable.

A few months later, I've received the prescription but haven't picked it up. Went down to get it, and the pharmacy asks me if I'm self-administering it (and if so, have I done it before) or having the doctor do it.

I tell them the NP didn't give me any instructions, so I'll call them in the morning. The pharmacist is very agitated by this, but finally decides to give me the med.

I go in yesterday for my appt, and the NP has *NO CLUE* how she arrived at the dosage or how to administer the injection. COMPLETELY CLUELESS. And she claims she wasn't told why I was coming (the assistant, a friend of mine, says otherwise), so she didn't have time to look it up... so can I please come back next week to get the injection, *if* she gave me the right dose?

That PISSES ME OFF. I spent $45 on a bottle of meds I may not be able to use... and, if she *did* give me the wrong dose, could screw me up for a *month* if I had taken it self-administered. Not only that, but I'm in the middle of a fairly busy period of work, and I've had a high number of appointments in the past two weeks (4 or 5) due to my and my wife's issues (she can't drive, so I provide transportation).

And, another thing... I had sent the assistant a copy of the new passport guidelines, and requested a letter from the doctor that the NP has been coordinating with. The NP apparently got very confused; she'd apparently never spoken to the doctor my old primary care was talking to. She then asked that the letter be sent to my therapist, because *she* has no clue if I'm being correctly medically treated for my condition.

Come *on* lady, YOU'RE THE ONE PRESCRIBING MY MEDICINE. If *you* don't know that, WHO WILL!?

Quite frankly, as a person that holds a license that is similar in danger level (if not in education requirements) to a physician, this woman's ability to practice medicine *terrifies* me.

/Rant off

^^^Huh????

Hey Dude. Why don't you go to a doctor? And am gonna leave it like that because for the life of me, I can't understand your post. Anyways, wish you recover from whatever illness you have. How is that the NP almost killed your wife in twice in two weeks?

^^^Huh????

Hey Dude. Why don't you go to a doctor? And am gonna leave it like that because for the life of me, I can't understand your post. Anyways, wish you recover from whatever illness you have. How is that the NP almost killed your wife in twice in two weeks?
I'm going to a NP because my insurance - and all other insurances available in my state - excludes my single biggest issue. Given that I will have upwards of $30k in medical bills in the next four years and I'm working part-time at the moment, a NP that costs 50% of the doctor makes a lot more sense.

As for how she nearly killed my wife... ok, I might be exaggerating slightly. But only slightly. Basically, she prescribed meds that drove my wife's clotting ability into the ground, then overcorrected and drove her clotting through the roof.

Also, not a dude.

Also, not a dude.
I use dude to refer to anyone, genderless word in my book. better than dudette...doesn't roll off the tongue as nicely
True. I suppose it's one of those spoken-written differences; being called dude (by a person) doesn't bother me in the slightest, but being called dude online drives me crazy, because people assume I'm male.

No, I'd say never. Was the ugly duckling ever really a duck?

Last edited by a moderator:
Tim Thomas (goalie for the Bruins) snubbed the President and turned down a visit on Monday. Now the Governor of MA is criticizing him for a lack of manors and grace. That is the problem with this F*&'n country. A man gives a valid reason for opting out of the meeting and he is a bad guy with bad manors. Since when did the President of the US become more than a man? And why is it that we should cast aside our rights to appease the powers that be?

F' that $h!t!

Agree that Deval should keep out of it, but there is some validation to his point that this is a reception at the White House honoring the Bruins. It's not about Tim Thomas. It's a high profile event for both the President and the Bruins organization. The high road would be to just go and accept the accolade and as an individual keep a low profile.

It IS definitely his right to opt out and it's the media that pushes the issue but nowadays everything is "news" so to expect his absence to go unnoticed is pretty naive. It's better than the other option available which would be to go and meet the President and spout his beliefs and disrespect him to his face.

I personally don't see why these professional sports teams have these White House receptions period.

The only reason I called him her(or whatever) Dude was because he/she/it mentioned on his/her/its post the words "my wife". After reading engineergurl's post realized the gender thing. I am afraid to even imagine what is going on here but then it says transwomen. I can only say that gotta hurt. No wonder is taking meds. Bottom line is we have a Dude that wants to be a Dudette so wants to cut his thingy but on the same token likes women so goes and marries one. Clear enough. It has to be a joke. Just out of curiosity Ex, did you already snip snip it ?

The only reason I called him her(or whatever) Dude was because he/she/it mentioned on his/her/its post the words "my wife". After reading engineergurl's post realized the gender thing. I am afraid to even imagine what is going on here but then it says transwomen. I can only say that gotta hurt. No wonder is taking meds. Bottom line is we have a Dude that wants to be a Dudette so wants to cut his thingy but on the same token likes women so goes and marries one. Clear enough. It has to be a joke. Just out of curiosity Ex, did you already snip snip it ?
I need to stop reading these at work. Literally laughing out loud and getting weird looks....LOL!

Dammit. Just ran the preliminary #'s for this years taxes: we paid over $20k last year and still owe an additional $3500. Why was I so happy about that pay raise again?

Back