Serial Killer Richard Ramirez Dies

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt Worley PE

Run silent, run deep
Reaction score
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/calif-serial-killer-richard-ramirez-dies-19349065#.UbIOctiwXXs

post-11150-Grumpy-Cat-GOOD-and-NO-memes-pGrc.jpeg

Great news for a Friday; except now we have to think about all the money wasted keeping this turd alive.

WOW!!!!! I have no words to describe my feelings after reading what that sick son of bleep did. Know what? Death is too good for that freak. He should have rotten in prison, being other inmates' bitch. That would have been more than fair.

was there evidence tying him to all that? I don't see how the appeals process could have taken so long

was there evidence tying him to all that? I don't see how the appeals process could have taken so long
The appeals process in any state with a deathrow is INSANELY long and drawn out. It's so bad that it's usually cheaper to the state to give the guy free room/board via the prison system for the rest of his life instead of having to pay for the attorneys, courts, etc for all of the appeals.

The appeals process in any state with a deathrow is INSANELY long and drawn out. It's so bad that it's usually cheaper to the state to give the guy free room/board via the prison system for the rest of his life instead of having to pay for the attorneys, courts, etc for all of the appeals.

Quite true.

And it appears, at least here, to be fairly easy to get a death sentence changed to a life sentence after an appeal or two. Almost makes you wonder if the death sentence is worth the effort.

^^^ Part of the reason our governor has started a campaign to remove the death penalty. CO voted to include the death penalty back in 1978, and the only person in the last 15 or so years to be convicted and sentenced to death, got a temporary stay (pardon) from the governor last month...

Last edited by a moderator:
It's generally not a deterrent (the death penalty) and I have read where it cost more to kill one than to feed them for life..

I remember when Jesse Ventura was governor and he was on Leno and said he was not gonna make that call while he was governor. Might be shirking responsibility, but I imagine its pretty hard to get those phone calls and then say , he'll no fry that inmate! I wouldn't want to have to deal with that...

Back