Self-Introduction

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Retred

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Retred. I have been browsing the boards for a while, but want to really jump in now.

I have been working mainly with mortgage backed securities for quite a while. While I am still employed, I am concerned enough to make other preparations. I am a little vague about the exact products I will offer, but want to get in on the coming boom in alternative energy by becoming a contractor and PE (in Electrical Power). My undergraduate training was in that field and I think I can prepare for and pass the tests.

I took the FE test in Oct 08 and I think I passed. Used Lindeburg and solved all the problems in the book. I worked every problem on the test with some extra time and I only know of 2 that I am sure I missed. So I feel good.

In my state, VA, I need to provide my references and experience to sign up for the PE test. I spent 4 years in combat engineering units as an officer, some of my leaders were PEs.

Does anyone have advice on the application? Do I need to find a PE who supervised me every month in the Corps, or can I use one or two for the whole period, even if they did not supervise me the entire time. How much tank trap construction, countermobility planning, and hasty road construction is qualifying? I basically need it all to count. Any advice on how to write up this type of experience? I know it can be done, some of my peers are now PEs.

Welcome, retred.

There is a guy here, Sapper, that may be able to help you out with military engineering experience. We also have other military personnel here, so hopefully you can get your questions answered.

ktulu

Back