SE Exam Results?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still waiting in MD as well... From what I hear we are usually some of the last to find out. Although the PE results have been out since Dec 18th here.

PCS told me to expect results for MD by the end of this week. Maybe that's an indication for all the states that use PCS (which seem to be the only states who haven't gotten their results).

Sounds like PA released the other exams, but no SE yet... hopefully today.

April:

Vertical - Passed

Lateral - Failed with 31/40 for the morning, (1) acceptable, (2) needs improvement and (1) unacceptable.

October:

Lateral - Passed

I felt that I showed I was competent with all the afternoon problems and passed without any problems, until I got the results. To be honest, I still feel that I must have had a hard grader... But in the end I spent too much time trying to cite every piece of code and equation used.

Comparing the exams, I'm more impressed with the format of the exam in October. The afternoon questions were straight forward with clear direction for which specific answers they were looking for. The April exam seemed like the points they were looking weren't as clear and the questions were more open-ended.

Congrats to all those that passed and good luck to all those striving for more!
What did you do differently the second time around for the lateral exam? I passed Vertical and I'm retaking Lateral in April. I feel like I'm stuck studying the same material and the doing same practice problems so I feel like I'm going to be at the same level of preparation.

Outside of changing my testing tactics, I bought a copy of Alan Williams 'Seismic and Wind Forces' and worked through it. I also read through the 2009 SEAOC Structural Seismic Design Manuals. The content was all the same but it was still new material to me. If you're familiar with these books, then I would try Kaplan's study material. I had to really force myself to study, so I figured spending more money would be a little extra motivation.

Outside of changing my testing tactics, I bought a copy of Alan Williams 'Seismic and Wind Forces' and worked through it. I also read through the 2009 SEAOC Structural Seismic Design Manuals. The content was all the same but it was still new material to me. If you're familiar with these books, then I would try Kaplan's study material. I had to really force myself to study, so I figured spending more money would be a little extra motivation.

Thanks for the reply. I feel like I'm in an identical situation I'm having a much harder time studying this time around too. I bought the Kaplan structural engineering problems and solutions book a few days ago to try to get going. Hopefully it's as good as Alan Williams 'Seismic and Wind Forces' - I hadn't heard of that until your post.

Back