SE Exam Results?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
results released in NC as well. Passed vertical. Failed lateral- 29/40 in the morning, 2 acceptable, 2 unacceptable. Can't say I am too displeased. Would have liked to have passed both but am hopeful I can knock it out this spring.
What is tha passing score in the AM? With a score of 29/40, did you atleast clear the am?
There is no passing score for the AM. They consider the AM and PM together. Not really sure how they weigh the two, though.

results released in NC as well. Passed vertical. Failed lateral- 29/40 in the morning, 2 acceptable, 2 unacceptable. Can't say I am too displeased. Would have liked to have passed both but am hopeful I can knock it out this spring.
What is tha passing score in the AM? With a score of 29/40, did you atleast clear the am?
They don't tell you if you scored well enough to pass the AM or PM. Just an overall pass or fail.

I believe 29/40 in the AM would be good enough for passing if you do well enough in the afternoon. However I have to think receiving 2 unacceptables in the afternoon is probably what killed me.

25% for first timers and 16% for repeat?? I mean, I know it is supposed to be a hard exam, but good lord that is insanely low.
yeah, 84% fail rate is pretty bad, unfortunately NCEES likely prefers the pass rate to be low - no doubt they enjoy having the recurring test fees.

April:

Vertical - Passed

Lateral - Failed with 31/40 for the morning, (1) acceptable, (2) needs improvement and (1) unacceptable.

October:

Lateral - Passed

I felt that I showed I was competent with all the afternoon problems and passed without any problems, until I got the results. To be honest, I still feel that I must have had a hard grader... But in the end I spent too much time trying to cite every piece of code and equation used.

Comparing the exams, I'm more impressed with the format of the exam in October. The afternoon questions were straight forward with clear direction for which specific answers they were looking for. The April exam seemed like the points they were looking weren't as clear and the questions were more open-ended.

Congrats to all those that passed and good luck to all those striving for more!

I received an email from NCEES on 12/17/12 of my results were available. I logged in the NCEES website. AND..... I PASSED the Lateral-Bridges. I did pass the Vertical-Bridges last April. I also got a congratulations message that I passed the Structural Engineering Exam.

I was an EIT. I was warned that this SE exam was very difficult. I agreed 1001%. I studied my a*s off for a whole year and finally I made it.

Congratulations to those who passed and Very Good Luck to those who did not make it this time.

Congrats JD & Chuckolat!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone still waiting on results? Still waiting for Illinois here. Based on the Lateral passing percent, I guess I have pretty good odds of knowing what it is going to be anyway.....

Still waiting in IL as well. Has anyone from IL contacted Continental Testing Services to see what the delay is for?

Last edited by a moderator:
I broke down and called them on Wednesday, and the lady just said they were going to try and get them out by the end of the week. If not, it would be "some time after Christmas." The only reason she gave for the delay was that they needed to go through them all.

I received an email from NCEES on 12/17/12 of my results were available. I logged in the NCEES website. AND..... I PASSED the Lateral-Bridges. I did pass the Vertical-Bridges last April. I also got a congratulations message that I passed the Structural Engineering Exam.

I was an EIT. I was warned that this SE exam was very difficult. I agreed 1001%. I studied my a*s off for a whole year and finally I made it.

Congratulations to those who passed and Very Good Luck to those who did not make it this time.
Congratulations! I was wondering what references or study guides you used for the lateral bridges portion, or any that you recommend? There doesn't seem to be many study guides for this test, the only I've seen is the NCEES sample exam. I assume it is all AASHTO, correct? Thanks in advance, and I wish you well in your career, and that your SE title opens doors for you, and more importantly holds them open for you!

there isn't much out there for lateral bridge to study from...you are on your own. Let me know if you find anything!

Passed both portions for buildings in Illinois. Now to sell my AASHTO code... Good luck to everyone still waiting

Is anyone other than Pennsylvania still waiting on results? This is taking forever!

Glad we're not the only ones! Hopefully we'll all get results (and good ones at that) tomorrow or at least soon. I know the 1/4 date was thrown around a few times as the potential day of judgment...

Back