Sayano–Shushenskaya Hydroelectric Power

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Amazing ... the largest failure of a hydroelectric dam in the soviet union representing 25% of all of their hydroelectric generated power with an estimated 76 deaths from the catstrophic failure hardly registers as a blip in news headlines.

I am still catching up on a number of the reports .... really amazing!

JR

There's an email making the rounds with pictures of the aftermath. If somebody else doesn't post them, I will when I get a chance. It leaves an impression.

Last edited by a moderator:
^Or a nuclear one for that matter. The number of casualties from that thing is just mind boggling.

I was handed a CD that has the pps of the initial investigation behind the failure from the consulting firm (lots of pics). It is ~ 5MB .. I am thinking of uploading it to a ftp. Anyone interested?

JR

I've only seen a couple of pictures; post away, Flyer.

I'm remote on vacation. I'll see what I can do when the boy is napping or in bed tonight. The hotel internet connection is fine for surfing but I'm not sure if it's up to file transfers. I'm pretty sure the power point presentation JR has is the exact same thing. Since we're both in the power industry, I think there's substantially less than 6 degrees of separation between us in mass email space.

Okay, I am going to upload onto a ftp site this evening but I know Capt Worley might not be able to access since many company computers don't seem to like to let you 'share' with ftp sites.

Any ideas about how to share files like excel, ppt, pdf, etc. with others that are work safe? I know I have lots of materials I would like to share but really too large for email.

Thanks!

JR

I just got the PowerPoint via e-mail today. Amazing what a waterhammer condition can do to something like that!

Thanks for uploading that presentation JR. The destruction is simply unbelievable and it's sad to see that so many lives were lost.

Thanks JR. I am going thru the PPS now...

Back