Saturday December 23, 2006

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
U

Ugly Kid Joe

Say you get your (NCEES/ State Board) letter in the mail this day, Are you going to open the letter or wait until after Chrismtas

Last edited:
Nope ... I am going to go straight to my states website to see if my license has been issued and if not go postal ;guns;

And burn the letter :hung:

Then go :drunk: & smoke a big fat :cig:

Then wonder what was on the letter :eek:

Gotta open it. I received some interesting info from a buddy of mine today. He said that when he failed the PE, he got his results (FL) in a business sized envelope that was fairly thick because of the diagnostic report. When he passed it (3yrs ago) he received his results in a 8-1/2" by 11" envelope with just the "CONGRATULATIONS" letter in it. If that's how FL still does bidness, perhaps we floridians can tell whether we passed or failed by the size of the envelope.

I'm not sure that makes much difference in my case as I'll be tearing whatever envelope comes from the Board wide open the moment I get my grubby little paws on it.

Gotta open it. I received some interesting info from a buddy of mine today. He said that when he failed the PE, he got his results (FL) in a business sized envelope that was fairly thick because of the diagnostic report. When he passed it (3yrs ago) he received his results in a 8-1/2" by 11" envelope with just the "CONGRATULATIONS" letter in it. If that's how FL still does bidness, perhaps we floridians can tell whether we passed or failed by the size of the envelope.
I'm not sure that makes much difference in my case as I'll be tearing whatever envelope comes from the Board wide open the moment I get my grubby little paws on it.
Pass or fail you will receive the same size envelope in Florida. Best of luck to you!

Gotta open it.  I received some interesting info from a buddy of mine today.  He said that when he failed the PE, he got his results (FL) in a business sized envelope that was fairly thick because of the diagnostic report.  When he passed it (3yrs ago) he received his results in a 8-1/2" by 11" envelope with just the "CONGRATULATIONS" letter in it.  If that's how FL still does bidness, perhaps we floridians can tell whether we passed or failed by the size of the envelope. 
Pass or fail you will receive the same size envelope in Florida. Best of luck to you!
I think the envelope size is the same, but isn't it a one-page letter that says PASS as opposed to a few pages that say FAIL and oh by the way, here is how you can reapply :kick: ??

JR

Open it, definately! Of course I'll have an anxiety attack first, ask my husband to open it, then take it back from him before he can, hyperventilate for a while, pass out, wake up, accuse my husband of opening the letter while I was passed out, cry buckets, try to explain to my son why mommy is going crazy, and finally pull myself together enough to open the letter.

The real question is, would I be more shocked to pass or fail?

When I got my passing letter from ELSES, it was pouring, so I couldn't open it up at the mailbox, and had to open it up inside. So I had to exercise mild restraint with the celebrating, so I wouldn't break anything.

When my package from the state came, I opened it up outside, saw my official license (the actual form, not the wall candy certificate) and lost it. I was dancing around my yard and screaming like a combination of having just won the world series while a rabid ferret ran around my shorts.

My neighbor came out to see what was wrong! :true:

I'm gonna open it, if I pass It's all EggNog for me, if I fail: Santa's taking a beat down!!!!
I'm gonna open it, if I pass It's all EggNog for me, if I fail: it's double the eggnog for me!!

^ Loris at OPR will be your new best friend. Not as cool as Patty was, but decent enough.

And if you haven't habitually started checking www.vtprofessionals.org yet, you will!!

Vermont?

Don't they all wear turtlenecks up there, and sit around drinkin hot cocoa and crap like that?

Back