Sandy

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Officially snowing here.

More than I can say about last winter. Have I ever mentioned how much I enjoy snowshoeing? (I know, like 50 times, and there won't be enough for that, but I am excited anyway.)

I like step-1 picture: "have cat monitor the work steps.."

F32ICSHH94ZBRDT.LARGE.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand the purpose of this contraption. . . is it for warming your hands or something? I didn't do the greatest back in Thermo for EEs, but I'd be willing to bet the candle is going to put the same amount of heat into the room regardless of whether you put some clay pots above it.

^ I don't think so. It's also been quite awhile since I had thermo last, but the actual flame of a candle is small and probably not able to generate much heat to the surrounding area. Mainly because what you are heating is basically air, which has a low specific heat capacity. Now take that same flame and apply it to something that does hold heat well (i.e. clay pots with a high specific heat capacity) and you have yourself a small radiator. It may take awhile to heat up, but once it is heated up, it should have the capability of heating more of the surrounding area than a small candle flame does. That's my take on it.

Officially snowing here.

More than I can say about last winter. Have I ever mentioned how much I enjoy snowshoeing? (I know, like 50 times, and there won't be enough for that, but I am excited anyway.)
I went for a bike ride this afternoon at lunch. Ha ha!

It's been abnormally cold here for the past several days too. Dipping down into the upper teens at night. More like mid December weather than early November weather.
abnormal? it's supposed to be in mid 60's on Sunday - thats abnormal for November; course hard to tell anymore w/ 100 deg summers

Officially snowing here.

I've rarely seen my dog as happy as during our walk this evening. She was one excited pup, and it's still coming down. (She has bad knees and a sad personality, so to see her all fired up was great.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Officially snowing here.

I've rarely seen my dog as happy as during our walk this evening. She was one excited pup, and it's still coming down. (She has bad knees and a sad personality, so to see her all fired up was great.)
Does your local APL do fostering? It sounds like the empress needs a buddy during the day.

Latest posts

Back