RIP Tony Soprano

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's so sad. A couple of months ago my eye doctor passed away a couple days after I had had an apt with him. He was only 44. It was a very strange feeling to be just talking to someone and then know they were gone. I believe he also had a heart attack which was surprising to me given that he was thin and actively worked out and ran marathons.

I believe he also had a heart attack which was surprising to me given that he was thin and actively worked out and ran marathons.

Heredity: You can't fight it.

QFT...

I have lived a life as far as possible of cigarettes, alcohol, and unhealthy things. Still landed under the knife in 2009, major surgery just out of the blue. An undetected condition I was born with ( Right Coronary Artery Anomaly) that was supposed to kill me when I was in my tens. Drs cannot explain to me why I was still alive, specially with my active life style.

Now I live with a pharmacy in my cabinet. Have to take three different pills...frustrating. Worst than that, the surgery left some kind of mental trauma. I cannot read or learn about anyone dying of a heart attack without starting to feel chest pains and other things that are not really there. Thinking about seeking professional help since is becoming old.

That's so sad. A couple of months ago my eye doctor passed away a couple days after I had had an apt with him. He was only 44. It was a very strange feeling to be just talking to someone and then know they were gone. I believe he also had a heart attack which was surprising to me given that he was thin and actively worked out and ran marathons.

This happened w/ my former primary care doctor, though I hadn't seen him in awhile. He wasnt much older then me, and I'm w/ my wife at her primary doctor's practice, and I get asked if I wanted to switch to her doc. I say, nah, I'll probably just stick w/ Doc 'X'. Her doc says that he is deceased. It was one of those "I'm pretty sure he isn't (me)...I'm pretty sure he is (her doc)" conversations. Weird, you'd think I would have at least gotten a note or something from the medical group. Think that it was cancer in his case; very sad no matter how ya slice it.

^sympathy pains? I think that might happen to more people than you realize

Do not know Snick. May be. It is a nuisance, that I do know. Have to keep my mind busy, ignore it, and it goes away.

DK, that's messed up. I hope that you can get it to go away permanently - so glad you made it through all that.

Last edited by a moderator:
This happened w/ my former primary care doctor, though I hadn't seen him in awhile. He wasnt much older then me, and I'm w/ my wife at her primary doctor's practice, and I get asked if I wanted to switch to her doc. I say, nah, I'll probably just stick w/ Doc 'X'. Her doc says that he is deceased. It was one of those "I'm pretty sure he isn't (me)...I'm pretty sure he is (her doc)" conversations. Weird, you'd think I would have at least gotten a note or something from the medical group. Think that it was cancer in his case; very sad no matter how ya slice it.

>

Do not know Snick. May be. It is a nuisance, that I do know. Have to keep my mind busy, ignore it, and it goes away.
DK, that's messed up. I hope that you can get it to go away permanently - so glad you made it through all that.
Thanks EM. Here is a classic example. The first visit to the Dr he gave me Nitro pills just as a preventive thing. I HAVE NEVER used the darn thing...never. Now, every time I go kayaking and realize the Nitro was left at home the pain comes. The first few times drove back home only to stop feeling the pain as soon as I grabbed Nitro. There have been times that I did not realize I forgot it and there was no pain at all. As you said EM, totally messed up. Better than that, Dr tells me that there is no reason for me to carry that thing anymore. Funny...Is not it? The brain is a powerful thing.

^This...just because someone is thin doesn't mean they are healthy.
I can vouch for this. I'm skinny and a mess. Almost died at 33. I'm 33 I might add. Neurological disease is fun because it's so unpredictable.
You saw it very close buddy. I am glad you are OK.

I suffer from the same thing and I never had a heart problem...mine stems from a false abnormal ekg during a work physical. The occupational nurse near freaked me out. My PCP said the blip was normal background for those machines and was nothing to worry about.

Thinking about seeking professional help since is becoming old.

I'm usually not a proponent of such things, but it sounds to me like you really should.

Good luck with it, whichever path you choose. It doesn't sound at all fun.

I didn't mean I thought he was healthy bc me was thin but moreso bc he avidly worked out, marathons etc.

I guess some things cannot be avoided no matter what you do.

VT and DK, glad you guys are ok.

Back