RIP Grant Imahara

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very sad.  I first remembered him from Battle Bots even before the Mythbusters era.  Seemed like a guy who genuinely loved what he did.

May he rest in peace. I remember his Battle Bots, Mythbusters and White Rabbit antics. Very talented individual who definitely contributed to several different technological improvements.

I was saddened to read that this morning. He was the only engineer, the most relatable, and the my favorite to watch.

Adam Savage did a nice podcast/YouTube stream about him yesterday.  You could tell he'd been up/crying all night from how his voice sounded, and he said he's going to take a break from doing the podcast for a while now.  I didn't know that they went way back to the pre-Mythbusters era.  I guess they both worked together at ILM when they were both still in the special effects biz for movies.  Said when it came to the electrical side of things, he was one of the best in the business. 

Back