RIP Alan Rickman

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Celebrities better watch out.  These deaths usually come in threes.  We've had David Bowie and Alan Rickman....who's next?

There was the guitarist from Motorhead that passed away just over 2 weeks ago, Lemmy.

All 3 were British.

& the kardasians will probably live forever:(

He was the bad guy in die hard as well?

Yep, Hans Gruber.  He was also Professor Snape in Harry Potter and Nottingham in Prince of Thieves.  He was definitely one of my favorite actors.

forgot about those, even though it was an odd movie, Galaxy Quest makes me laugh my ass off, its like the star wars version of the three amigos!

Catching up on posts but I did see this in the news right away.  I was really bummed as like many have already said, he was really one of my all-time favorite actors.  R.I.P.

And definitely great in one of my all-time favorites, Dogma.

thefabulousweirdtrotters.tumblr.com+%281%29.gif

66451202.jpg

^^ Love the wand salute.  

Here's a small quote from Sean Biggerstaff, who played Oliver Wood in HP.  Just shows the type of person Alan was.  

Source: http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/15/sean-biggerstaff-alan-rickman

Biggerstaff played Oliver Wood in Harry Potter, and shared a lengthy and personal remembrance of the late actor in a subsequent tweet. The actor explained how he first met Rickman as an 11-year-old, and carried the friendship with him through the Potter films and beyond.

“He’d be on a mad press trip round the world, having just finished a Broadway show and be about to start shooting a film – with several other projects as an actor, director, writer, board member, mentor bubbling away in the background – and if I needed anything he would immediately spend hours of his time helping me,” Biggerstaff wrote. “AND, amazingly, I know of at least a dozen other people who had this same relationship with him. He was our fairy Godfather. He was the whisper in the right ear at the right time. He was the reassuring message when he sensed, always correctly, that we needed it most. He was new head shots or carpets or travel money when times were tough. How he found the time, let alone the will for all this is a mystery to me. He was the most generous, wise, supportive, talented, charismatic, empathetic person I think I’ve ever known.”

Biggerstaff added that the last time he saw Rickman was after the actor, unbeknownst to him, had been in the hospital for an extended period. “He got out that morning… and kept our theatre date. In a strange way I’m glad of that frightening episode, as it made me realize that even he was a mortal of flesh and blood and a certain age and he might not always be there. That evening when we parted, I hugged him and told him I loved him and I’m very glad of that now.”

Back