Review for Civil Water Resources and Environmental

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eb101010

Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations on courses or material specific to the Civil Water Resources and Environmental afternoon session? I took the Kaplan course and it helped a little on the morning stuff, but they took a while to respond and some questions I had they never responded at all. They were no help on the afternoon session at all.

The questions on Wastewater Treatment, Water Quality and Water Treatment were difficult for me.

Thanks for any advice.

Yes ... look at the thread in the WR/Enviro subforum

If you're going the self-studying option (and this is for October test takers as this thread has gone cold), I would suggest sticking to 6-minute solutions, the ncees practice test, and all-in-one sample exams. I bought the Lindbergh Practice Exam and the Water Resources Depth Practice Exam from PPI, and I found these to be well beyond the needs of the difficulty of the test. I am all for learning things more in depth, but there were things in those exams that were very tough and very obscure in my opinion.

[SIZE=10.5pt]I just found out that I passed the April 2015 8-hour exam on my first try and I can't be more thankful that I found out about the Engineering, Education & Training (EET) review class when I did. In the Fall I took the AJRPE review class thinking I would get a jump start to my studying. Reflecting back now and compare the two classes; there is no comparison. If it wasn’t for my friends recommendation (who after two attempts at the PE took the EET review course and passed on his third attempt) I wouldn’t have found or registered with EET. I want to share my success to everyone else so that they can enjoy what I did and pass this exam on their first try.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Just two give you a little background on myself. I am a husband and father of three kids so to say the least I knew it wasn't going to be easy going into the PE exam, but I did it. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]The EET class is very well organized and structured. The instructors are dedicated and committed to their students. They know that we're doing this process because we need the PE for our careers, but they focus and want you to enjoy the experience of studying and passing the exam on your first try. I can genuinely say that I really enjoyed the classes especially the depth class and really felt like I was learning and understanding the material. Nazrul Islam is depth instructor for the Water Resources and Environmental portion on the review course. He is an excellent instructor and probably one of the best that I have experienced through all of my years of school and studying. He’s notes are very detailed and up to date, you can tell that he is constantly updating or improving his notes to ensure that they keep up with the changes being made in the exam format/test plan. Nazrul has a great personality and he is easy to talk to. Nazrul and all of the instructors are there for the students and want us to pass. EET seemed different than other review classes in that they weren’t as strict about their material. What I mean is that I was enrolled in the live seminar class, but there were multiple occasions where I knew I was going to miss class and the instructors allowed me access to the on-demand lecture to watch the videos on my own. I have experienced other review classes where every hour is counted and logged against you and once those hours are used that’s it. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Lastly, I want to emphasize that the material, instructors, and environment is great at EET, but the course is not easy. You will have homework and lots of lecture. If you want to pass the PE on your first try then this is the class for you. Make sure that you do what Nazrul and the other instructors tell you and you are guaranteed to pass; these guys are professionals and good at what they do. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Thank you EET and especially Nazrul for having such an awesome review course without you guys I know that I wouldn’t have been able to pass on my first time. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Good luck all my fellow PE’s.[/SIZE]

I have to echo mmizani07's review. I took the EET Live Webinar Depth WRE and Breadth courses in spring 2015 for the April 2015 exam. I passed on my first try and give a big chunk of the credit to EET. I felt that the breadth course was good, and the depth course was great. Nazrul is a wonderful teacher and I really appreciated his encouragement and patience. I will absolutely recommend both classes to my colleagues.

A few recommendations if you take the course:

• As mentioned in the previous post - these classes are not easy, and you will get out what you put in. If you do both classes, there are about 10 full day sessions over 3 months, and the homework/practice exams take about 15 hours per week outside of the class time (and more on weeks without a class). There are also weeknight problem solving/review sessions. There is a full length practice exam prepared by the instructors, which I found to be on par with the difficulty of the actual 8-hour exam.
  • Try your best not to get behind! I was on a family vacation without access to the internet during the first two classes of the breath session, and later got the flu, which meant that I spent a long time trying to catch back up. The pace of the class would have been much more comfortable if I hadn't started out behind.
  • I started studying at a fairly relaxed pace in September 2014 out of Lindeburg. I focused on the WRE sections and got through most of them by the end of December. I worked the example problems in the text before looking at the solutions, but didn't go through the giant book of Practice Problems put out by PPI. I've been out of school for 8-years and my work is in remediation, so I don't work with these topics regularly, and doing this review gave me a big step up in preparation for the depth class.
  • Spend a couple weeks re-familiarizing yourself with your weakest topic(s) prior to the start of the course. It would have served me very well if I had brushed off my mechanics of materials textbook from college a few weeks before the course, since I didn't remember ANY structural.
Good luck!

[SIZE=medium]I decided I would sign up for a prep class after four failed attempts at the PE civil exam. After a bit of research I decided to go with EET ([/SIZE][SIZE=medium]http://eet-california.com/[/SIZE][SIZE=medium]). I was swayed by the good reviews of the water resources depth portion of their classes. I signed up for their live webinars for Water Resources and the on demand (watch on your own schedule) for the Breadth. Well the positive reviews were dead on! And finally In April 2015 I did indeed finally pass the exam![/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]For both options the instructors help out a lot whenever you need assistance with problems and/or concepts. A couple of times they even set up a smaller class session for those of us struggling with the practice exams . Questions are welcomed anytime during the live sessions so you can ask away even as they are teaching. They also respond to emails rather quickly. The WRE professor, Dr Nazrul Islam, was by far the best teacher. He is especially good at interacting and answering questions and making the sessions enjoyable. His materials were very well organized and extremely useful in the exam. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I no doubt passed this exam because of the instruction I recieved from Nazrul and EET. So especially if you are taking WRE go ahead and sign up with them, no matter if it’s the 1st, 2nd[/SIZE], 3[SIZE=small]rd[/SIZE], 4[SIZE=small]th[/SIZE], 5[SIZE=small]th[/SIZE], etc, etc time taking the exam. I certainly wish I would have done it on attempt #1.

Congratulations!

EET really is the real deal when it comes to preparation for the PE Exam.

EET breadth class starts this Saturday.

Time to stop drinking and start studying.

(I wonder when the PE application deadline is?)

Back