Retake in October or wait??

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EnvEngineer

Reaction score
I anticipate I will not pass the seismic, I made some study errors which really cost me during the test. Right now I cannot come to grips with more study when the results come out, but I really want the PE.

If you fail one or both retake in oct or wait till april??

Last edited by a moderator:
I anticipate I will not pass the seismic, I made some study errors which really cost me during the test. Right now I cannot come to grips with more study when the results come out, but I really want the PE.
If you fail one or both retake in oct or wait till april??
I am not very hopeful about the Seismic result either.

I may wait up for more study materials to come out for IBC06...

Take it again in October, the sooner the better in my opinion because I doubt if anyone including can mustard more than 3 months of studying at one time. A year is too long, I didn't really start studying until 2 months prior to the exam. I took all three sections of the CA PE last April for the first time. If I passed all three it will be awesome but if I don't past any of the sections, I am still going to take it in October. 13 week wait, this is ridiculous!

Its tough since alot of other states are getting their results out, They say July 2 they will be mailed..we will see. I just hope they dont close the application until we get a chance to re-apply.

I guess this means I will retake, but, I really hate to.

Its tough since alot of other states are getting their results out, They say July 2 they will be mailed..we will see. I just hope they dont close the application until we get a chance to re-apply.
I guess this means I will retake, but, I really hate to.
I would recommend NOT waiting. The only reason for not waiting is if you didn't study very much for the first time and haven't done any studying to this point. However, if you feel you were close, then I would suggest taking it while it's fresh on the brain.

Good luck! I'm still awaiting the SE II results.

They took down the July 27th date and posted that the exam results will be sent out sometime following the July or August board meeting, hopefully they will do what ever they need to do at the July meeting and send out the results. Seems like getting out the results is not a high priority with the people in charge of the test.

Adoption of the Cutscores/Approval of Examination Results

July or August, 2009, Board Meeting

Engineer-in-Training (EIT) and Land Surveyor-in-Training (LSIT) Examinations

Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, and National Structural II Professional Engineer Examinations

Professional Land Surveyor (National and California State-Specific) Examinations

Back