Repeat Takers Strategies - Civil PE CBT

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was a bit of a mix up tonight. But I was able to connect with @Pra4surf1 a bit at the tail end of the meeting. We'll plan to schedule another meeting after the holidays.

We've updated the survey to include weaknesses. Next time we get together we can discuss them and help narrow down how we can help each other.

Update the survey: Add more info to the survey here

Thanks for your time and patience everyone!

First meeting is set up for THIS SUNDAY 12/19 @ 8 pm EST. This meeting is limited to an hour (since I don't have a paid MSTeams account), we can figure out something else in the future if needed.

12/19/2021 Meeting: MSTeams Engineering Board Study Group Meeting

Anybody is welcome to join the meeting. If you haven't already, please fill out the survey!

Survey: Engineering Boards Study Group Survey

@youngandmotivated @structurenole15 @Pra4surf1 @AngelaK @KOKOMO777 @lormarigondon @Liz06 @devs07

First meeting is set up for THIS SUNDAY 12/19 @ 8 pm EST. This meeting is limited to an hour (since I don't have a paid MSTeams account), we can figure out something else in the future if needed.

12/19/2021 Meeting: MSTeams Engineering Board Study Group Meeting

Anybody is welcome to join the meeting. If you haven't already, please fill out the survey!

Survey: Engineering Boards Study Group Survey

@youngandmotivated @structurenole15 @Pra4surf1 @AngelaK @KOKOMO777 @lormarigondon @Liz06 @devs07
@rodr I missed the meeting 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 sorry

Yep keeps saying waiting on entry from someone for me.
Don’t worry as even if you had joined the meeting you would be not allowed into it similar to what happened to me yesterday. Seems like people hosting the meeting forgot to see the updated Google spreadsheet in which I had added my name in there.

There was a bit of a mix up tonight. But I was able to connect with @Pra4surf1 a bit at the tail end of the meeting. We'll plan to schedule another meeting after the holidays.

We've updated the survey to include weaknesses. Next time we get together we can discuss them and help narrow down how we can help each other.

Update the survey: Add more info to the survey here

Thanks for your time and patience everyone!

It's ok @Liz06, we'll have another one after the holidays!

I’ll see if I will be able to join to the next meeting. I will be adjusting timezone whenever necessary. Thank you folks for setting this up.

Don’t worry as even if you had joined the meeting you would be not allowed into it similar to what happened to me yesterday. Seems like people hosting the meeting forgot to see the updated Google spreadsheet in which I had added my name in there.
Sunny it wasn’t that. It appears the time zone created some slight confusion for everyone. The bugs should be worked out now for next meeting.

So here’s something interesting to share for those of you who may not have seen this. The pass rates for October have been updated. In April Structural had the lowest followed by Construction. October has Construction as the new lowest which I took that comes in at at 53% pass rate which is pretty dang low.

https://ncees.org/engineering/pe/pass-rates/
Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
Ok here’s a dumb question but I just can’t remember how to calculate this answer. Simple math has gotten me thanks for any help. How do you solve for Gs?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 21
Ok here’s a dumb question but I just can’t remember how to calculate this answer. Simple math has gotten me thanks for any help. How do you solve for Gs?
Definitely not a dumb question. You have to guess and check. Or put it into the solver on your calculator.

Thanks so much Edward! I can get stumped on some of these easy steps sometimes. Just couldn’t wrap my brain around it.
This happened to me not too long ago. Seriously I have forgotten my Algebra. It’s a shame. I was like “no, this can’t be”.

That’s how I realized “yes, lot’s of practice problems would help” and if I have to repeat the exercises, i would do it just to remember them”. It’s a batlle.

This happened to me not too long ago. Seriously I have forgotten my Algebra. It’s a shame. I was like “no, this can’t be”.

That’s how I realized “yes, lot’s of practice problems would help” and if I have to repeat the exercises, i would do it just to remember them”. It’s a batlle.
That’s awesome maybe this is how we work together to get past those randoms. If we have a troubling problem post it. Ed helped me solve an issue I’ve had the past two exams and I put it off and didn’t know who too ask. Interenet is great for concept but horrible for some simply complicated math.

Happy Holidays! How’s everyone doing? Getting ready for next year? Take your time off and enjoy with family.

Be safe!

Anyone taking EET for the breadth? I am using AEI for the depth (Structural) again since I have a free repeat. Last go round I just used SOPE breadth review and practice problems to prepare for the breadth.

Trying to consider which would be best, EET or AEI for breadth review.
My first attempt I used Testmasters and it was not very helpful for me.

This will be my 3rd attempt at the PE Civil Structural exam.
1st attempt: 36/80 ; 16 AM, 20PM (April 2021)
2nd attempt: 44/80 ; 27 AM, 17 PM (October 2021)

Back