Random Topics 3.1

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I came across this

1ua2FmN.png

http://explosm.net/comics/4741/

And remembered your posts

Tagging @squaretaper LIT AF PE since this is relevant...

When I was back in Texas for the holidays, I was able to speak with my 14-year-old godsister about the LINGO that's IN with THE YOUTH.

-Received very aggressive no's when I asked her whether THE KIDS still say "It's lit fam" or if they dab. 
-Apparently fam is still a thing. But not lit.
-The kids are still fond of "low key."
-She explained what yeet means, but I already forgot the explanation because it's not a real word that needs to occupy space in my brain.  

From a quick google search. Some of these are funny & worrying. List is from Oct 2019, but I feel like some of these are very old.

Awks - Awkward
Cancel - A rejection of a person, place or thing
Cheddar - Money
Dope - Cool or awesome
GOAT - Greatest of all time
Gucci - Good or cool
Hundo P - 100 percent certain
Lit - Amazing
OMG - An abbreviation for "oh my gosh" or "oh my God!"
Rides - Sneakers or shoes
Salty - Bitter
Sic - Something that is cool
Skurt - Go away
Snatched - Looks good
Straight Fire - Hot or trendy
TBH - To be honest
Thirsty - Trying to get attention
V - very
YOLO - You only live once
Bae - "Before anyone else" and is often used to describe a boyfriend or girlfriend
BF/GF - Boyfriend or girlfriend
BFF - Best friends forever
Bruh - Same as "bro"
Creeper - Someone who is socially awkward or tends to have stalker tendencies
Curve - Romantic rejection
Emo - Emotional or a drama queen
Fly - Boys tend to refer to girls they think are good looking as "fly"
Hater or h8er - Someone who hates everything, even their friends
n00b - A person who doesn't want to learn
Ship - Short for 'relationship'
Squad - A group of girls that hang out together regularly
Sus - Suspect, not to be trusted
Tight - In a close relationship
Wanksta - A person trying to act tough, but who isn't really pulling it off
Chillaxin - Chillin' and relaxing.
Crashy - Crazy and trashy 
Hangry - Hungry and angry
Requestion - Request and a question
Tope - Tight and dope
Bye Felicia - A disrespectful way to dismiss someone who is unimportant
CD9 - Code 9, parents are here
POS - Parents over shoulder (often used when texting to warn friends that mom or dad is reading)
Throw Shade - Give someone a dirty look
Tool - Refers to someone who is stupid or a geek
CU46 - See you for sex
GNOC - Get naked on camera
Molly - MDMA, a dangerous party drug
NIFOC - Naked in front of the computer
Netflix and Chill - Used as a front for inviting someone over to make out (or maybe more)
Smash - Casual sex
Turnt Up - To be high or drunk
Zip Ghost - Someone who is high on marijuana and having a hard time functioning
Dexing - Abusing cough syrup
Crunk - Getting high and drunk at the same time
X - Ecstasy
53X - Sex
WTTP - Want to trade photos?
LMIRL - Let's meet in real life

Last edited by a moderator:
d3xhbb1td7v21.png

Random post in random topic: I should have not accepted being MOH because I an now somehow planning a couples shower and bachelorette party from like 5 states away.
Oh man that sounds like so much workkkk. we skipped the shower, we already had enough and didn't need more gifts.  Didn't even register.  ~Their attendance~ was our gift

And bachelorette was super simple, just planned a fun outing with my bridesmaids and friends.  One friend doesn't drink, and my mom and aunt ended up inviting themselves, so it was pretty chill :p 

Oh man that sounds like so much workkkk. we skipped the shower, we already had enough and didn't need more gifts.  Didn't even register.  ~Their attendance~ was our gift

And bachelorette was super simple, just planned a fun outing with my bridesmaids and friends.  One friend doesn't drink, and my mom and aunt ended up inviting themselves, so it was pretty chill 😛
Hahahahahahaha, I think it's more work because I'm trying to make sure everyone is 'on-board' before I make a decision (I don't want to be like, 'this is what we're doing' and then have someone be like, 'she's such a bitch and she doesn't even go here').  Was able to pick a much cheaper murder mystery dinner theater for the bachelorette party (went from a $115+ per person and train into NYC + bars afterwards to a $60+ per person at a Long Island restaurant with walkable bars in an area most of us know), and now I'm working on the couples shower.  They didn't have an engagement party, so this is, I think, a nice way to just have a fun party with everyone involved, but no wedding dresses and other people who are only invited to be invited. 

I am going to call the parents to see what their thoughts are/what they can afford, but I think we're going to do a 3-hour happy hour at a brewery the groom really likes.  Includes open bar + some munchies from, hopefully, 2pm to 5pm, so people can mingle, they can open gifts, and then we can do dinner in the cool neighborhood before it gets too busy from dinner rush hour.  I'm really hoping the parents don't want to do the full dinner because there are so many more choices + it costs way more + groomsmen/bridesmaids were going to chip in for alcohol (which gets much more expensive with the sit down dinner).

@Ranger1316 Do you work in consulting? Looks like you're an fsu fan, and now registered in FL, so why did you take the test in SC?
I just gained 4 years of experience in September 2019 so I wanted to take the test early and South Carolina was the closest state that was decoupled. Sure enough, Florida decoupled late 2019 so I could’ve taken it in state if I had waited. But then it probably would’ve pushed getting my license back too.

Having all the expenses covered helped too😎

Back