Random Topics 3.1

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait.  Are you guys saying that your beards insulate your face?  
Absolutely. I won't shave for a few days if I know I in advanced that I will be outdoors for a while when it's really cold. 

But, wait, what?  I don't shave my head every summer, isn't it the same thing?
Head hair and facial hair are different thicknesses, consistency, and density - and therefore have different thermal transfer properties.

9fd982e8796a3839783acadf03ffb551.jpg

@RBHeadge PE @NikR I have thoroughly been schooled in the insulation properties of beard hair.  if I ever grow a beard, I will try it out.  (My hair is ultra thin/think, so I feel like it doesn't insulate that well?  But it is long enough to twine around my neck like a scarf when I get cold?).

@tj_PE Rude.

Going bald but will not shave my head yet.  All scars would be visible then.  Facial hair would trap oil and cause acne and I don't need that.  So clean shaven face with thinning hair (covered by a ballcap) is how I roll.

my hair insulates like a MF.

huuuuuge difference between hair down and hair up in a pony.

detectable difference between hair in pony and in loose wad.

delightful difference between hair in pony/wad and tight bun. 

Just went through a reorg. Upper management is requesting updated resumes from everyone, in a very specific (and gaudy) format. I've seen this movie before and didn't like the ending. Everyone insists I'm being paranoid though.

Also, why is writing resumes so painful?

whenever I hear of that I am reminded of that scene from American Beauty when Kevin Spacey meets with his boss to go over his "job description"

Lol.  Supervisor of potentially new job just called to tell me not to quit my current job until I have the offer in hand and I was like, "Well.  D'uh.  Why would I do that?"  And I guess other people, when they heard they've got a gov't job offer just quit their jobs before they have a written offer and I'm like that is totally bananas. 

my hair insulates like a MF.

huuuuuge difference between hair down and hair up in a pony.

detectable difference between hair in pony and in loose wad.

delightful difference between hair in pony/wad and tight bun. 
Loose wad?  Also, no tags this AM, you must be slacking.

Looks like I'm repairing a wheelchair tonight.  Lady posted that the leg broke off on her son's wheelchair and didn't know where to begin looking to have it repaired.  People were recommending auto body shops, etc.  Told her to just bring it by and I'll have it welded back on within an hour, no charge.  Hopefully a good deed will turn my bad luck around.

Back