Random Topics 3.1

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're talking pre-teens here, not dumb college students. Your comment is not only calloused, it's just plain stupid. Perhaps you'd like to try some of these challenges?
No thanks. I'm smart enough to know not to participate in foolish activities. 😂

No thanks. I'm smart enough to know not to participate in foolish activities. 😂
Were you smart enough to not have kids (I wasn't)? If you have really young ones, you'll learn soon enough that this BS is a real concern. If not for your own kids, it could be for their friends. 

Okay, at first I thought bloody mary was vodka and tomato juice. Then I actually this thing. WTF?! Now I see how this can get so bad so quickly with pre-teens... jeez who thinks this stuff up?

When I googled it most of the articles said that the magnitude of the scare was a hoax itself.  Granted some psycho-pathetic a-hole may have started this thing (seems similar to the The Ring movie) but discussion with kids who likely aren't even aware of it only perpetuates and strengthens the hoax.  It's really a catch-22 like when do you start talking to kids about sex.  Leave innocence innocent and ignorance is bliss sometimes.  Basically don't go looking for issues where there aren't any.

When I googled it most of the articles said that the magnitude of the scare was a hoax itself.  Granted some psycho-pathetic a-hole may have started this thing (seems similar to the The Ring movie) but discussion with kids who likely aren't even aware of it only perpetuates and strengthens the hoax.  It's really a catch-22 like when do you start talking to kids about sex.  Leave innocence innocent and ignorance is bliss sometimes.  Basically don't go looking for issues where there aren't any.
The problem seems to be youtubers claiming it's real.

The motor of our mechanical unit broke, so now our office is without heat for at least the next few days... Is it Friday yet??

The locals take the no parking seriously.  They'll even tow your plane!!

IMG_4953.JPG 

It's hard to see, but the plane is suspended by a cable from the helo!  I took this while driving down the highway at 65 mph the other night and the phone didn't pick up the details as well as I'd hoped.

6a22ec1372350bb64757502d070d8492.jpg

1) I like Bloody Marys, especially spicy ones.

2) Luke had not signed on to the reboot. (not that I care because I never watched the initial series and have absolutely no intention of watching the "reboot"

^^^ To be fair, she was probably the best one on the panel in yesterday's questioning of Michael Cohen.  All the others seemed to grandstand for 5 minutes with no real questions asked. She managed to get some decent info to start building a legal case to go after Trump's tax returns.

Back