Prometric Exam kept Fteezing and crashing during exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Schmitty and davesgarage - what dates were your surveying exams scheduled for? My surveying exam is scheduled for March 26th and I didn't get a cancellation yet. I'm just curious how far out they are cancelling.

I haven't heard back from the CA board yet regarding rescheduling my seismic exam. I'm sure they are scrambling right now trying to deal with the issues, so I'll give them another day or two before I follow up. I did get an automated email from Prometric last night that I had "completed the seismic exam" and my notice of completion was available... Guessing I didn't pass since I was only able to answer one question! Well, I did click an answer on #2 even though the image didn't show up. If I guessed right, maybe I got 2/55... I wonder what the cut score is? :LOL:
I was scheduled for this Friday

I haven't taken my seismic exam yet this quarter did the board or prometric email you?
I got an email from the Board this afternoon. It looked like a mass email sent to all March Seismic test-takers. I replied to that email and received the response I quoted in my previous post.

So was the error/technical problem happening on the survey test too? My impression was that it was only the seismic one because at my test center in Sacramento, the employees were saying that survey people didn't get the errors.

I got an email from the Board this afternoon. It looked like a mass email sent to all March Seismic test-takers. I replied to that email and received the response I quoted in my previous post.

So was the error/technical problem happening on the survey test too? My impression was that it was only the seismic one because at my test center in Sacramento, the employees were saying that survey people didn't get the errors.
I hadn't scheduled my seismic exam yet so that may be the issue. And It was just on one problem for surveying

Hi All,

I received this message regarding eligibility for Q2

Me:
Hi Natalie,

Thank you for your email. Does this mean I do not have to apply to retest for Seismic & Surveying in Quarter 2? Will I automatically be eligible to test in Quarter 2?

Thank you

DS

Board:

Yes, your eligibility will be moved to Quarter 2 and you will be notified when the issue has been resolved and you are able to schedule.

Natalie King

Senior Registrar, Civil Engineer

Attachments

• 1614670492142.png
    1614670492142.png
    51.7 KB · Views: 68
I got an email overnight from Prometric, that my surveying exam (3/26) has been cancelled. I'm just glad I was notified before I started preparing for surveying. When it comes time to reschedule, I will refresh on seismic to get that one done first and then shift to surveying per my original plan. Good luck everyone.

I got an email overnight from Prometric, that my surveying exam (3/26) has been cancelled. I'm just glad I was notified before I started preparing for surveying. When it comes time to reschedule, I will refresh on seismic to get that one done first and then shift to surveying per my original plan. Good luck everyone.
I see that I can still schedule my seismic exam for March. Should I hold off on that for now?

I see that I can still schedule my seismic exam for March. Should I hold off on that for now?
That's a tough call. It seems they are clearly having issues with both exams. I guess I would schedule it and maybe they will contact you to cancel, otherwise they wouldn't know to cancel you if you hadn't scheduled it. Also if they are going to let us reschedule for Q2, you probably want to have scheduled in Q1 and get cancelled, otherwise you might just be seen as a "no show" for Q1? Or, reach out to the board and ask them if you can still schedule it for Q1 or not?

I received a personal response within a few hours on Friday, but I'm guessing they are now being flooded with reports and are maybe unable to respond as quickly, and are probably more focused on fixing the problem before they start responding to people.

So it sounds like you were actually able to complete the exam but it was just one problem that glitched on you? Hopefully even if you missed that problem you still got enough right to pass!
I never got responses or follow up calls promised from either Prometric or the board.

I got email from the board saying "You completed the exam". Same as the exam complete notice...
This happened after Prometric cancelled my exam due to the technical issue.

1614703026958.png

All Engineering Surveying and Seismic Principles exams are to be cancelled through the end of Quarter 1 (i.e., March 31). Your eligibility will be moved to Q2.

That's a tough call. It seems they are clearly having issues with both exams. I guess I would schedule it and maybe they will contact you to cancel, otherwise they wouldn't know to cancel you if you hadn't scheduled it. Also if they are going to let us reschedule for Q2, you probably want to have scheduled in Q1 and get cancelled, otherwise you might just be seen as a "no show" for Q1? Or, reach out to the board and ask them if you can still schedule it for Q1 or not?
All exams will be cancelled through the end of Quarter 1. If you were unable to schedule your exam in Quarter 1, your eligibility will be moved to Quarter 2.

Sounds like they have a pretty big problem on their hands if they are just cancelling everything in Q1. I was hoping if they get it resolved I could reschedule seismic at the end of Q1, I could be ready again w/ 1 week's notice, then just schedule surveying in Q2. Probably easier for them to just push everything to the next quarter. I just hope they get it fully resolved.

All exams will be cancelled through the end of Quarter 1. If you were unable to schedule your exam in Quarter 1, your eligibility will be moved to Quarter 2.
Is this an official notice? I did not receive any email or callbacks from the board about this.

All March appointments for the Engineering Surveying or Seismic Principles exams were cancelled. You should have received an email about it from the Board. If you didn't receive an email, reach out to [email protected].

Is this an official notice? I did not receive any email or callbacks from the board about this.
Send me a DM.
I got email from the board saying "You completed the exam". Same as the exam complete notice...
This happened after Prometric cancelled my exam due to the technical issue.

View attachment 21364
This is an automated email. If you had technical difficulties during the exam and were unable to complete it, you will be given the opportunity to re-take it.

Send me a DM.

This is an automated email. If you had technical difficulties during the exam and were unable to complete it, you will be given the opportunity to re-take it.
I hadn't received any email yes so I'll email Natalie.

Are you an official Board member like CAPLS?

And if I fail my survey exam when I get the results this month, will I be given a free opportunity to retest due to the technical problems?

1615307184582.png
1615307197603.png

Only refunded $26.40 for automatic cancellation due to the glitch. What's up with that?

Back