Prometric CBT Centers Temporarily Closed

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rbn19, please send me your name and contact info in a private message and I’ll check on it for you Monday. 
Hi! I also have this issue. My test was supposed to be on the 28th of March, haven't heard anything regarding rescheduling and have even tried to reach out to Prometric a few times to see what the deal is. Could I send you a message as well?

Hi! I also have this issue. My test was supposed to be on the 28th of March, haven't heard anything regarding rescheduling and have even tried to reach out to Prometric a few times to see what the deal is. Could I send you a message as well?
Sure, send me a message

Did you also get a confirmation email for the same test date a few days before the 28th?

Did you also get a confirmation email for the same test date a few days before the 28th?
Yep! I even reached out to Prometric that day to make sure it was sent in error and they said yes, but that I'll hear in 7-10 days about rescheduling my exam. I'm glad you pointed out that their website says we should have gotten an email by now about rescheduling or I would have kept waiting. I'm waiting to live chat with someone right now, we'll see if they're any help!

Yep! I even reached out to Prometric that day to make sure it was sent in error and they said yes, but that I'll hear in 7-10 days about rescheduling my exam. I'm glad you pointed out that their website says we should have gotten an email by now about rescheduling or I would have kept waiting. I'm waiting to live chat with someone right now, we'll see if they're any help!
I'm on the phone with them right now. I'm on hold. I'll let you know what comes of it.

They said that they sent info to this guy to reset my acc so I should call back in 24 hours.

We'll see...
What number did you call? I tried calling a number I had found before and all I got was a recording telling me that I should use their online resources.

I was scheduled to take the seismic exam on March 21st, still haven't heard anything about a reschedule. I would be surprised it they allow us to test in April though since we are supposed to peak in covid cases at the end of April here in CA.. I assume I will be taking it in June now. Appreciate you guys sharing the information, I'm curious what you hear from them @rbn19

In the mean I have stopped studying and probably need to start back up again... So ready for this test to be behind us!

I was scheduled to take the seismic exam on March 21st, still haven't heard anything about a reschedule. I would be surprised it they allow us to test in April though since we are supposed to peak in covid cases at the end of April here in CA.. I assume I will be taking it in June now. Appreciate you guys sharing the information, I'm curious what you hear from them @rbn19

In the mean I have stopped studying and probably need to start back up again... So ready for this test to be behind us!
I would advise everyone to concentrate primarily on yours and your family's safety while continuing to prepare the best you can for the eventual exam.  With all the varying degrees of expiration dates for the shelter-in-place requirements from region to region and from state to state, the California Board and Prometric will most likely have a better plan two weeks from now (hopefully at that time).

What number did you call? I tried calling a number I had found before and all I got was a recording telling me that I should use their online resources.
I called the number on the boards front page: 1-800-864-5316.

You have to go through the automated messages up to a certain pt, and then when it asked me to type in my confirmation number, I kept hitting 0 on my phone until it took me to an customer service rep.

Well on Prometric's website they mentioned that the plan is for them to still start testing back up on April 16th, which I think is unrealistic. I was ready to go for Seismic and now am just studying Saturdays and Sundays like 2-3 hours just so I don't forget anything. I'm hoping I can take the exam mid May...or sooner.

UPDATE: I called, waited through the whole phone automated message until a point where it asks for confirmation number. After this point you hit 0 on the dial 3x in a row and it then sends you straight to customer service rep. I didn't have to wait longer than 2 minutes. The person on the phone helped me reschedule and now my exam date is Saturday May 9th. I got the confirmation email while on the phone with them.

I recommend everyone call ASAP as May 8th was the earliest testing date even though there were 2 locations near me, with majority of the dates being May 18th and after.

Hope this helps!

UPDATE: I called, waited through the whole phone automated message until a point where it asks for confirmation number. After this point you hit 0 on the dial 3x in a row and it then sends you straight to customer service rep. I didn't have to wait longer than 2 minutes. The person on the phone helped me reschedule and now my exam date is Saturday May 9th. I got the confirmation email while on the phone with them.

I recommend everyone call ASAP as May 8th was the earliest testing date even though there were 2 locations near me, with majority of the dates being May 18th and after.

Hope this helps!
Happy to hear you were able to get through.  I genuinely hope that May 9 is not overly optimistic and you (and others) are not rescheduled more than once.

I finally got through to them and was able to reschedule! They weren't scheduling anything before May 1st just in case, so I picked a date towards the end of May. Glad I got that taken care of - hopefully these new dates stick and we don't have to reschedule again. 

Now for the hard part. 😅

I finally got through to them and was able to reschedule! They weren't scheduling anything before May 1st just in case, so I picked a date towards the end of May. Glad I got that taken care of - hopefully these new dates stick and we don't have to reschedule again. 

Now for the hard part. 😅
Well I guess my 04/30 rescheduled exam date is no longer valid... I'll try to give them a call tomorrow.

Thanks for the info, and good luck for the exam.

Well I guess my 04/30 rescheduled exam date is no longer valid... I'll try to give them a call tomorrow.

I don't think that they're cancelling dates before May 1st yet, the woman I talked to just said they're trying not to schedule before May 1st just in case. But I'm not sure since their website still says April 16th!

Everyone needs to understand that if Prometric contacts you to reschedule, its because they initiated the need to do so.  Anyone contacting Prometric to reschedule without first hearing from them, could be subject to rescheduling fees just like normal.

I realize that everyone has concerns and anxiety for whats going to happen in the future, but I would advise you all to just be patient.

I just got my second notice of cancellation today.  My initial test date fell withing the initial two week closure that Prometric put in place.  I rescheduled both seismic and surveying but now those are cancelled, too.  So I'm on my third round of test dates.  I'm really hoping these ones hold.  It's really not such a big deal, but it does make planning my study schedule difficult.  Since I am focusing on surveying first, that is where most of my focus has been.  But at this point I had planned to be done with surveying and on to seismic.   The other concern has been whether or not this could push my exam dates late enough that I miss my chance at Q3 should I fail to pass one or both exams in Q2.  Based on some posts above it sounds like BPELSG may allow us to register in Q3 without reapplying.  If that is truly the case then I may just go ahead and do that.  I would rather push things out far enough to have a lesser chance of cancellation and not have to worry about cramming both tests into the end of Q2 and then have to wait until Q4 to retake.

/babble

I needed to get that off my chest.  I hope that you are all staying healthy and using this time to get some extra studying in.  Let's take the opportunity to break the curve and set a new passing rate record!

Back