Proffesional Engineers from Florida

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To whom it may concern,

I am writing this letter as a professional reference for Martin Ceballos. I have never worked with this individual, and have never actually met him in person, but when he posted on an online forum, I could tell that he had enormous engineering talent, just from how he worded his posts. I would be happy to stake my reputation on his abilities, and sound engineering judgment.

Best regards,

sschell_PE

oh wait... I'm mechanical, and wrong state.... nevermind.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not know what to think. First I thought it was a joke or something. If it is for references to fill the exam application...Who in his right state of mind would do that? Maybe I am old school.

I used to work with an engineer at a previous job. After I passed the test had to put an application at the state I was/am living now for the license. This guy knew me, drank coffee with us 5 days a week and worked together in the same projects, different units but same projcts. I asked him to be one of my references and he said to me in my face. "No. I do not know your engineering work". As rude and cruel as I thought that was, he was right. Even when many people told me he was an a-hole for doing that.

If he is looking for books to use as references that is another story.

Maybe is an old friend of the Board.

I'm ready to give this guy a recommendation just based on his spelling of "Proffesional".
9fc5ccc0-6af3-4276-a50c-5153fc0ae488.png

you're in the 4th circle. :p

I do not know what to think. First I thought it was a joke or something. If it is for references to fill the exam application...Who in his right state of mind would do that? Maybe I am old school.
I used to work with an engineer at a previous job. After I passed the test had to put an application at the state I was/am living now for the license. This guy knew me, drank coffee with us 5 days a week and worked together in the same projects, different units but same projcts. I asked him to be one of my references and he said to me in my face. "No. I do not know your engineering work". As rude and cruel as I thought that was, he was right. Even when many people told me he was an a-hole for doing that.

Who would use their actual name requesting services that seem to be pretty un ethical from the providing party?

What engineer in their right mind would agree to be this guys reference?

Who would use their actual name requesting services that seem to be pretty un ethical from the providing party?

What engineer in their right mind would agree to be this guys reference?

LOL....you can actually look him up on the Florida database as an EI.......pretty unethical to ask for a reference like that

Last edited by a moderator:
Martin, I sincerely hope that you are simply uninformed. It is considered a breach of ethics to write a recommendation for an engineer when you have not worked directly with them in the field of engineering that they are trying to attain a license. I would be extremely careful now and stop posting these questions as they could lead to disciplinary action against you if I understand Florida law correctly.

Sorry for the missunderstandings and the "proffessional" spelling, I'm trying to get in contact with PE's for study materials (Structural)

Back