Pregnant, just in time for the exam!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TX - congrats...

I don't remember being this tired for my 1st
Maybe it's TWINS!!!! Just kidding. Good luck on the fatigue, I know it really kept my wife down - but you can do it!!!

CONGRATS!!!

I had to skip my first attempt at the exam, because my son's due date was on the exact day of the test, and I knew that I couldn't risk it. Good thing, because he was born at 1:20 pm on Exam day

When you pass, I think NCEES ought to have to supply a second miniature PE certificate. Maybe a tiny blue pencil and a Fisher Price My-Little-PE stamping kit? That would be cool. By default, little Tex is taking the test right along with you so he should get credit.

Congratulations. Kids are cool. I came into the office briefly over the weekend and brought "The Princess" with me. Monday morning I found a note written in red magic marker on my board that says "I love you daddy, <big heart>, XOXO". Pardon me now while I go have a little cry. :D

Congratulations....My little girl will be about 2 months when I take the test next April, so it will be interesting. Maybe I can study while changing diapers?? at 3 in the morning...

Congratulations....My little girl will be about 2 months when I take the test next April, so it will be interesting. Maybe I can study while changing diapers?? at 3 in the morning...
Congrats to you too! I was still in school when I had my first, went back to class when she was 2 weeks old (even took her with me a few times)! I used to joke that the university was going to find out that she went to almost every one of my Diff. Eq. classes and find a way to bill her! I figured I could argue that she was just auditing the class :laugh:

I found that I got very good at studying while holding her. It would have been harder when she was older but for those first few months, they just want to be held. Get one of those sling-type carriers, they're easier to sit down with than the ones where the baby is vertical, seem like they'd be more comfy for a newborn too.

Again, congrats, and Good Luck!

^^I wonder if NCEES would confiscate a baby if you brought her into the exam room?

^^But a baby isn't a QWERTY device. Not until at least 18 months, and probably more like 4 years.

My little girl will be about 2 months when I take the test next April, so it will be interesting.
Congratulations to you, too, ktulu. I wish the best for you and the baby girl. I saw a quote the other day by John Lennon, "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Congrats....This won't even slow you down.

Besides, Now you can just start to read your study guides out loud, and give the little one a head start on that Oct 2033 Exam!!!

Back