Predictions Before the Test

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

DrFranz

I would like to know who predicts he would fail/pass the exam tomorrow so we can compare the predictions to the actual results sometime next year (after exhausting your patience). Maybe we can correlate self assessment BEFORE the test to actual test results. Just be honest... I will do the math.

:MIG:

I'll be the first to step out on a limb and Jinx myself.

Self-assessment wise, before I knew I was going to fail. and I did.

This time, I feel I'm much better prepared and should pass.

Notice I said should.

Im only taking the FE but I have the feeling I will fail.

I over prepared for the subjects I had never had classes on (statics, dynamics and mechanics of materials) and under prepared for the classes I did have (thermo, heat transfer and fluids).

I would say I spent 80% of my time "learning" statics, dynamics and mechanics instead of studying. If I do fail at least for the next time I will "know" those three subjects and can spend more time studying instead of learning.

For the FE, get familiar with that handbook. Understand what is in it, and what units are used in the formula's etc. (meaning don't use ft. when it should be inches)

If you know that book, and understand the perameters of what needs to be inputed into the right equation, then you'll be fine.

Just a boost on the FE/EIT...when I walked out of there I was 99.9% sure I failed. Come to find out...I passed. Don't get too down on it. That test covers a LOT Of ground. You will do great!

Same here. I walked out of the FE, called my wife and said, "Well, I think I can pass that next time" I thought it kicked my arse.

I passed 1st time.

The FE made my brain hurt! I got out of there and felt like a couple of years had been knocked off my life. I thought the FE was a lot harder than the PE.

Last edited by a moderator:
After the PE, I went home and hung out for the evening, had a couple beers and just enjoyed being done.

After the FE, I barely kept my eyes open on the way home, pounded 2 shots of scotch and was sound asleep by 7 PM.

Heck, I thought I passed AFTER the last test, and didn't. There's NO WAY I'm going to make that prediction now. I AM better prepared, and I know more, that means NOTHING come 7:30 in the morning. I have shut the books, and actually just woke up from my nap, it's all over but the test!

I thought I did last time too, so I know where you're at bro.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!

I'm shutting the board down now until after the test.

Hello there,

This is one of the things that are a tradition after the test. Predict your outcome. So here it is. When the Results come back we can compare with this. Also we can make the same thing early in December and you will see a difference.

GOOD LUCK everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought going in that I would pass, now I think it's going to be the luck of the guesses. My confidence was shattered.

either I nailed it hard....

or was clueless and screwed the pooch big time....

morning...

1.75 hrs first pass

solved a problem I put off due to complexity (got it, multivarible, no way to luck it)

checked for 1 hr, made 2 changes due to reading the problem incorrectly, bad assumptions

done and out in 3 hrs...

afternoon...

1.5 first pass

1 to check, made a couple of changes

done and out in 2.5 hrs

I feel pretty good about 60 answers, 50/50 on the balance...

not nearly as bad as I feared...

now the wait...either big party, or eat some humble pie

I thought going in I would be ok...the morning knocked me down a peg and then the afternoon threw me off the boat. The more I think about it, the more I feel that I missed some really simple questions. My first estimate puts me at just shy of 60%. DOH.

Hey all new member to the board. Suprisingly I think I did ok on the test, the Civil afternoon section of FE kinda smacked me as I didn?t fully remember all the stuff I had taken last year but after the first time through I understood it. So hopefully I passed, next step is finding a job.

My take on the exam was that the AM part of civil was very difficult for me. It had alot of subjects that were not what I was expecting. I did not fair well on it with the first pass. I feel good about 20 of them on the morning. I worked another 12 or so that seemed to pan out, but I know that just because the answer is one of the four choices means nothing.

The afternoon I took Transpo, and felt pretty good about my performance on it.

It's a wait and see thing for me now.

I went into the exam cold. Left feeling I have no clue on how I really did, which I do Know if that's good or bad.

I sat for the Civil PE with Transpo in the afternoon The moring section, I thought I did pretty well, or at least I was able to answer most of the questions. I always have that feeling I managed to get the obvious wrong answer and maybe I did. I was done on 3 hours with checking and only feeling like i guessed on a few questions.

The afternoon I am not as sure. I still was able to atempt probably 90% of the questions, confident I got the right answer on maybe 50%. A couple I did not have the references, I needed the road side design guide. I was able to make a very educated guess on those only because I worked in a DOT traffic section for a year. But thats is far for knowing i got the right answer.

It will be what it will be. If I pass I will be thrilled, If I don't I know exactly what I need to do to pass on the next time around.

Good luck to all. The wait begins.

Back