PPI Practice Exams Difficulty?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt R

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am taking the PE exam this upcoming October. I took both EET Breadth & Depth review on-demand, and have gone through both sessions completely. After taking the course, I feel pretty confident about the exam. As there is about a month left until the exam, I wanted to stay fresh and have been trying to do extra problems. Today, I began to take PPI's WRE Depth Practice exam, and found it to be much, much harder than what is in EET. I also scanned the NCEES practice exam, and it seems that PPI is much harder than the NCEES one as well. Has anyone else had a similar experience? I think I've heard that the PPI questions are more difficult than the NCEES exam, but I just want to make sure I am not going into the test underprepared. I was feeling good about my progress until I attempted the PPI exam today.

That was also my experience. I took the EET prep course, did lots of PPI practice problems, and did the NCEES practice exams. I found the NCEES practice exams to be the closest thing to the real exam.

Thanks for your input. Do you think doing the PPI problems helped you? I don't want to spend time looking at those problems if they're going to hurt my confidence due to difficulty and not be comparable to the real test.

Back