Post it notes

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henryf

Reaction score
Are we allowed to use fastened post-it notes as page markers during the test?

ie the post-it notes are stuck to the page---they are not loose

They are ok in California but you need to hear it specifically for your state - either from Board itself or from folks.

This is fine for me. I am sitting for the CA state exams

Can I bring a pad of empty post it note to stick in the references as the test progresses? How about writing on the post it notes while they are on the pad?

They are ok in California but you need to hear it specifically for your state - either from Board itself or from folks.

VERY BIG NO!!!!!!!!! That would be considered loose paper and you don't want to be seen writing on ANYTHING other than the test booklet and scantron

Can I bring a pad of empty post it note to stick in the references as the test progresses? How about writing on the post it notes while they are on the pad?

You cannot bring pads of notes or write anywhere else than on the paper provided by the Board during the test (ie the exam booklet and the answer sheet).

I don't think I'd risk it. Also I find that the standard post-it notes don't work that well as page tabs. They bend easily and are prone to coming off the pages after a short while.

I went out and bought page tabs which were a bit more robust. Something like this:

http://www.staples.com/Post-it-1-Durable-T...DP3721:CL158856

I feel it's well worth the investment. The tabs are still on my books today, and I took the exam in '07.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think I'd risk it. Also I find that the standard post-it notes don't work that well as page tabs. They bend easily and are prone to coming off the pages after a short while.
I went out and bought page tabs which were a bit more robust. Something like this:

http://www.staples.com/Post-it-1-Durable-T...DP3721:CL158856

I feel it's well worth the investment. The tabs are still on my books today, and I took the exam in '07.
I used basically that same thing, except the ones I got were narrower.

You cannot bring pads of notes or write anywhere else than on the paper provided by the Board during the test (ie the exam booklet and the answer sheet).

Back