post a photo, any photo youve taken, doesnt have to be a good one..

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cicada?  It was hanging out on the side of my sons' play house until my 3 year old took a branch and swatted it down.

36224812665_13ce86d489_c.jpg

Cicada?  It was hanging out on the side of my sons' play house until my 3 year old took a branch and swatted it down.
Yep.  In the middle of gettin' out of his shell.  The climb out of the ground without wings and usually latch on to the side of a tree until they pop out with wings and big red googly eyes.  They look pretty impressive, but they're harmless.  Can't bite, sting, etc.  Next time you should grab it and chase him around with it or throw it in his hair.  It's great fun for the whole family...well, fun for all -1.

I know plenty about cicadas because in Cincy we have "broods" that show up on regular schedules.  I think the next big one is in three years?  That's the one that comes every 17 years, and it is huge.  Like millions huge.  So many that their squealing is deafening when you're outside.

did they really "rope off the ocean"?
I think it is for the safety of drunk people swimming.  There is a busy dock just to the right not in the photo.  They have a little island just out a bit that they ferry people out to every hr on the hr and there is a  lot of jet ski traffic, scuba/snorkle boat, etc

I seem to recall drinking Becks when I was there many years ago.  Mainly, because it was cheaper than the imported Budweiser.

did they really "rope off the ocean"?
They do this on resort beaches most places I have been. Like everything, I'll bet ti comes down to a lawsuit somewhere, such as the resort life guard is only responsible for saving your stupid ass within this 3-foot deep zone. Outside the ropes, you're on your own.

I seem to recall drinking Becks when I was there many years ago.  Mainly, because it was cheaper than the imported Budweiser.
all inclusive type resort.  Although there were people that went across the street to the sundries/pharmacy store to buy miller lite.  

A traditional, sod-roofed cabin in the village of Beaver, on the Yukon River in the Alaskan Interior last week. 

IMG_4718_small.JPG

They do this on resort beaches most places I have been. Like everything, I'll bet ti comes down to a lawsuit somewhere, such as the resort life guard is only responsible for saving your stupid ass within this 3-foot deep zone. Outside the ropes, you're on your own.
at night the 3ft deep was true prettymuch all the way to the rope. Morning/afternoon once you got about 20ft out it was 10'+ deep.  

Back