post a photo, any photo youve taken, doesnt have to be a good one..

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 10yo had him out in the yard riding it around this weekend.  It looked like the DMV out there.  He had stuff set up to make little lanes for him to do turns and braking and even u-turns.  Must be easier for a "cool older brother" to get him to do it.

View from Lakeview trail at Alpine yesterday. Life is good sometimes.
f5827861d6bc61bc7de48be0f8d5a110.jpg

Sent from my SURTAB-722-3G-HD-1S using Tapatalk

I am giving serious thought to taking a year off skiing- or maybe just buying a 4 pack and not getting a season pass next year.. Days like this are so much more enjoyable..

REP.jpg

I am giving serious thought to taking a year off skiing- or maybe just buying a 4 pack and not getting a season pass next year.. Days like this are so much more enjoyable..
I'm thinking the same for next year. My problem is that I can't call in "sick" from work all season long and the drive on weekends is extremely brutal. I remember driving right at the end of a storm to go skiing on the east coast. Here in CA, if I dare, I'll be driving 4-5 hours to go 100 miles [emoji20] I'm torn. It's either that or I gather enough pennies to buy something in Tahoe. ::FirstWorldProblems::

Sent from my SURTAB-722-3G-HD-1S using Tapatalk

so far I've got 15 days in this year, Id say maybe half of those days I actually had a really good time. Most of those were the week before Christmas and few other scattered days.

Yesterday we had gotten so sick of the lines in Steamboat ( snow was terrible too) we decided to snow shoe some and then we rode our boards back to the car (very vanilla type back country riding) but 100 X more enjoyable than the day before.. plus I felt like I got some honest exercise..

Here if we leave around 0630 its a 2 hour drive, worst I have ever had was 3.5 hours (around 100 miles)

I hope the broncos do well next year because when they do well it makes a 20 % dip in the amount of traffic.

so far I've got 15 days in this year, Id say maybe half of those days I actually had a really good time. Most of those were the week before Christmas and few other scattered days.

Yesterday we had gotten so sick of the lines in Steamboat ( snow was terrible too) we decided to snow shoe some and then we rode our boards back to the car (very vanilla type back country riding) but 100 X more enjoyable than the day before.. plus I felt like I got some honest exercise..

Here if we leave around 0630 its a 2 hour drive, worst I have ever had was 3.5 hours (around 100 miles)

I hope the broncos do well next year because when they do well it makes a 20 % dip in the amount of traffic.
Lol Sounds like we've had the same experience. The lines the last two weekends at Squaw (cars and people) were ridiculous. Such a cluster-f. Week before Christmas was the best. At least you got 15 days in. I think I'm barely at 10 and only half of them were worth it. One day I went to Squaw and despite all the talk of snow, all they got was pouring rain. I had breakfast then drove back home. During the Superbowl, I was hoping everyone would be watching the game but I guess everyone else was hoping the same. The snow was great that day but the lines were torture. 

I'm thinking of getting 3-4 packs for a few places that I like and get maybe 12 days altogether. It might be more than a pass but I have multiple places to go. The downfall is, if you go on a bad day, you just wasted a ticket :/ 

Grrrr! I need to win the lottery and not have to worry about such things. A private helicopter would make things so much better.

And/or a private snow cat. Love taking those up the mountain to go off course. :D
OT, my co-workers friend almost had his leg torn off by one of those.  He didn't realize it was in gear when the track started spinning and started dragging him under.  It's a miracle he didn't suffer any permanent injuries.

that would be a cool addition to some of our ski resorts here!

so we finally got around to "hiking season"  for those of you who may have ski'd at Winter Park before, the tiny lift on the middle uipper right in this photo is the Panoramic Express (highest you can go on Mary Jane Side & this is the lift that takes you to the snow cat access) - its really funny (to me) because the last time I was there it was -10 and windy as FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF odd to see everything so green..

IMG_2113.JPG

10/10 would drink again.
12714d0284c4d230a80f54d7cb8f8562.jpg

wow that photo came out ginormous...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Back