Point Seven Oh Eight!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my husband and his dorky EE friends held a couple of "BAC" nights. They all would eat the same thing for dinner (for example, a Subway sandwich) and then drink beer over timed intervals. One of them had a portable breathalzer device that they would use to measure people's BAC over time. They even charted the results in Excel . . .

I only partied in Boulder twice. They were both epic nights. I don't see how anyone ever got any school work done there.
CSU was a better engineering school anyway. :D
They have engineering programs? (Says the guy who went to the REAL Colorado engineering school - School of Mines) :D The only thing CU or CSU was good for was finding easy, drunk women...

OK, I'll agree with you there - School of Mines is a REAL school.

I remember some sage advice I got from a School of Mines student, who was working with me in a Target receiving room unloading trucks one summer. He said "Dleg, School of Mines is a great school. But you'll never meet a girl there, so I highly recommend you go to CSU or CU".

I listened.

I new a guy who got his degree from Colorado School of Mines. He was taking Civil engineering at USC. When I asked him about it, he said his Mining Engineering degree was only worthwhile in the coal mines of kentucky and West Virginia (on the East Coast) and he'd had his fill of those places.

I think you can move into enviro pretty easily with that degree - I've known one guy who became an RG and works for EPA. Regardless, though, School of Mines produces "traditional" engineers as well.

Back