PM versus AM

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruno

Reaction score
To Anyone & All:

I've heard different things about the exam from colleagues, friends, etc. From what I gather the PM portion is more difficult than the AM session and I'd like to hear your experiences. I thought that when the NCEES went from the breadth & depth format around 2008/2009 (or whenever) to the more focused exams currently offered that the AM & PM would be about the same in terms of difficulty. I've heard a number of people say how the PM session was just brutal and I wonder if it's the difficulty of the PM questions or maybe they simply hit a wall stamina wise.

Thanks,

Bruno

To me the actual exam seemed the same in the morning and afternoon. Although last time and this time with the NCEES practice exam I seem to do worst in the PM section. The first attempt this time on the PM practice the ones I missed I screwed up with not thinking properly. So I need to continue reading the question multiple times to clearly understand what they are asking.

Thanks for the input. Like you I have to read everything extra closely. I have a tendency to read past essential bits then end up with answers that aren't even close to the choices. I'm drawing diagrams now for nearly all the questions to help with this problem.

I figured the afternoon had to be a whole lot like the morning just because of the "depth" format of the entire exam. Would like to hear from others who took it this past October to get a better picture though.

Thanks again,

Bruno

I think the Oct 13 power morning was much easier than the PM. I counted 35-38 that were correct in AM, but PM was much worse. Maybe 15-20 that I knew were correct. So that made the wait tough, but I passed in the end.

Congratulations on passing! That is all our goal but I will say that the prep has made me a better engineer as a lot of the material has been new/unexplored to me.

Thanks for commenting,

Bruno

Back