PENNSYLVANIA - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With this kind of processing rate and given that we haven't even seen any issed by exam yet, we'll be lucky to get our certifications by next year!
I emailed the PA board last week. Their reply said that "licenses will be issued within the 90 days".

That gives them until tomorrow (9/25). You bet I'll be on the phone Wednesday morning if I don't have by then. Its absolutely ridiculous!

I emailed the PA board last week. Their reply said that "licenses will be issued within the 90 days".
That gives them until tomorrow (9/25). You bet I'll be on the phone Wednesday morning if I don't have by then. Its absolutely ridiculous!
When I called them, the "lady" on the phone gave no sense of anything, but the same 90 days line, when I told her that her 90 days were up in 6 days, she said, yes....90 days...like she could care less.....She would not even answer if they had started yet....then got rude when I started to push the issue....I asked for a manager and she put me directly into voice mail....Any one want to go to Harrisburg and storm the Castle...!!!

When I called them, the "lady" on the phone gave no sense of anything, but the same 90 days line...
Same sort of thing here. I called today and asked what was going on, since the 90 days are up...Rose, the State lady, said that they really meant that it takes some period of time around ninety days and that maybe by the end of next week we would have something in the mail.

She wasn't unpleasant, so I can't complain about the customer service, but they sure don't seem to have any sense of urgency at all. Typical Pennsylvania government behavior.

Update to PA Licenses Issued. 4 more - ooooh! These guys must be working overtime!

Date Qty

9/25/07 - 4

9/21/07 - 4

9/20/07 - 4

9/19/07 - 3

9/18/07 - 2

9/17/07 - 2

9/14/07 - 2

9/13/07 - 2

9/12/07 - 2

9/11/07 - 6

9/10/07 - 3

When I called them, the "lady" on the phone gave no sense of anything, but the same 90 days line, when I told her that her 90 days were up in 6 days, she said, yes....90 days...like she could care less.....She would not even answer if they had started yet....then got rude when I started to push the issue....I asked for a manager and she put me directly into voice mail....Any one want to go to Harrisburg and storm the Castle...!!!
I am calling my congressman and representative (that is unless something comes in the mail today). This is ridiculous. A guy I work with, knows a guy registered in Maryland (and took the PE exam in APril 2007), has received reciprocity in PA AND his license in maryland.......why haven't we seen anything...

Brian

I am calling my congressman and representative (that is unless something comes in the mail today). This is ridiculous. A guy I work with, knows a guy registered in Maryland (and took the PE exam in APril 2007), has received reciprocity in PA AND his license in maryland.......why haven't we seen anything...
Brian

For anyone else in PA who wants to complain, here's a link to find your Rep: http://www.legis.state.pa.us/

I'm going to call tomorrow, just to let them know how horrible I think things are...this is simply wrong. we passed the test five months ago for crying out loud.

I did talk to Rose at the board today (9/26) and she gave me the line that "90 days is only an approximation", and they have their best people working on it and they are doing there best. HA!

I too will call my Rep. tomorrow. I don't think it will actually do anything though, besides let me vent my frustration.

If you have a chance check out the article by Basil Merenda, Director of Professional & Occupational Affairs in the most recent Board newsletter. His says his most important duty is to provide service, make the boards more accessible and responsive, etc., etc.

http://www.dos.state.pa.us/bpoa/lib/bpoa/2...gineer_2006.pdf

I'm going to try to call or email him tomorrow and let hom know that it isn't working over there.

The April Exam License #'s have been issued....the website is updated....!!!!

Finally have my PE #.....!!!!! :multiplespotting:

At long last! :pASSED2:

Now to wait for the certificate...but at least I have the official license number!

Congratulations to all!

The April Exam License #'s have been issued....the website is updated....!!!!
Bummer for me -- I'm not there. I double checked the letter from EES, and sure enough, it says that I passed. This morning I called the Board to have the, "hey, I got this passing letter from EES..." discussion, but they told me that they are busy and somebody will call me back later.

Good grief, this pain in the butt just has no end...

Congrats to all of the PA PE's... it is about time the state got around to sending your certificates out! (and I thought NJ was slow!)

-Ray

I got my wall and wallet certificate in yesterdays' mail and my stamp from engineerseals.com was waiting for me at work this morning.

Now on to comtiy for the surrounding states....the waiting never ends....

Recieved my "suitable for framing" certificate on Saturday 9/29. Its really nice and special how it reads "you are certified as a/an Professional Engineer" I guess the "an" is there because you get the same POS when you become an EIT??

Then I got the wallet card/thing on Monday 10/01.

Not that it will do any good, but I think I'm still going to write a letter to the Commissioner about the slowness and poor attitudes at the Board office.

Recieved my "suitable for framing" certificate on Saturday 9/29. Its really nice and special how it reads "you are certified as a/an Professional Engineer" I guess the "an" is there because you get the same POS when you become an EIT??
Then I got the wallet card/thing on Monday 10/01.

Not that it will do any good, but I think I'm still going to write a letter to the Commissioner about the slowness and poor attitudes at the Board office.
Still waiting here in Pittsburgh for something in the mail... I did get a call from our friend Rose at the State office, and she told me that they added me to the online database, so that was nice of them.

She said that the reason the licenses take so long in the mail is that they had to go to the printer for processing -- how 19th century of them.

Ho Hum...still waiting here in Pittsburgh. I called the Board again yesterday, and they told me that my license certificate was printed on 10/10 and I need to wait another ten business days before calling them again.

I have my PE number, and I did receive the wall certificate yesterday, but I still don't have the actual license. It's good to know that their crackerjack team is on the job over there at the State capital. PA's system is truly a model of efficiency.

Rock.

Back