PENNSYLVANIA RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In PA, licenses expire in September on odd years.  So passing this time around is the shortest renewal cycle.  Those that pass the 2019 fall exam will get almost an entire two year buffer before renewal. 

Wasn't that the date of the exam? I don't recall PA retroactively dating the license to the exam date in the past. If it's not a new policy then it seems like a (harmless) database error.

Mines def posted 4/5 whereas most of my coworkers are dated past their previous exam dates. And yeah, us lucky ducks have to renew our fresh new licenses in a few months lol. 

And yeah, us lucky ducks have to renew our fresh new licenses in a few months lol. 
It could be worse. There is one state, I can't remember if its California or Minnesota or someone else(?), which has a license renewal at the end of the year. So every year, people who take the test in October and learn they pass in December, either get licensed for like a week then have to renew, or have to wait until January to apply for their initial license.

Mines def posted 4/5 whereas most of my coworkers are dated past their previous exam dates. And yeah, us lucky ducks have to renew our fresh new licenses in a few months lol. 
Mine is post dated as well. I just look at is as having been licensed for almost 2 months already, and haven’t killed anyone. 😂😂

I’ve also gotten all but my work history done for NCEES. I always wanted to do my amplified record over again, just in a more condensed form! 😂

Check the rules, most states have a waiver of PDH's the first license cycle, or it could be scaled based on when you get it. License expiring in 5 months could be accurate based on the states licensing date. In NJ all PE licenses end on the same date. So when i got my license, i got my initial in January and then had to renew in April. This is probably easier enforcement wise to do it all at once as opposed to having it at random times throughout the year.
Section g2 of the Engineer, Land Surveyor and Geologist Registration Law is copied below. No PDH's required for the first renewal period! And if you do get any in this period that aren't used it sounds like you should be able to carry over up to 12 hours to the next period.

(2) An individual applying for initial licensure and registration shall be exempt from the requirement set forth in subsection (a) for the licensure period immediately following initial licensure and registration. 

https://www.dos.pa.gov/ProfessionalLicensing/BoardsCommissions/EngineersLandSurveyorsandGeologists/Documents/Board Documents/Board Document - Eng Act 25 CE section 4.5.pdf

It could be worse. There is one state, I can't remember if its California or Minnesota or someone else(?), which has a license renewal at the end of the year. So every year, people who take the test in October and learn they pass in December, either get licensed for like a week then have to renew, or have to wait until January to apply for their initial license.
Oof that's just mean. 

Anyone get their physical cert in the mail yet? Mine says mailed on PALS 5/24 but nothing yet at home. 

I got mine yesterday... just the half sized official looking certificate. Nothing nice to hang on the wall. Mine is also dated 4/5.

Got mine too yesterday. It honestly looks like the same thing they'd give any other certified professional in PA. 

Did they bring back the formal wall certificate?
They apparently had the wall certificate in 2017.  My co-workers has one.  I didn't get one of those though.  Just the chincy pink/blue cert.  Hey, at least it comes with a handy dandy WALLET card we can carry with us.  🤣

Ouch. I read that the PA DoS was thinking of bringing back the wall certificates or making some option available for disciplined professionals to purchase one through a third party. For those that care, It might be time to contact the PA branch of NSPE or lobby the PA DoS directly.

Ouch. I read that the PA DoS was thinking of bringing back the wall certificates or making some option available for disciplined professionals to purchase one through a third party. For those that care, It might be time to contact the PA branch of NSPE or lobby the PA DoS directly.
I was kinda hoping to be able to replace my EIT cert on my wall.  But instead, I just hung my licence with magnets.  haha

What are we going to do?  I was hoping to have a nice expensive certificate that i could add to the pile of crap with my diplomas (that have never been removed from the cardboard tubes they came in)!

as a side note, DoS didnt even properly fold my license in half to fit in the envelope... so if i was inclined to frame it, there would be a large crease through it haha.  PA FTW!

Back