Pennsylvania Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bobby Boucher says that's a negative ghost rider, my last name starts with M so this process can't be alphabetized. M does come after K, right? My brain is still fried from the exam.

I'm still waiting for a license number. The only update I've seen is this:

View attachment 12414
My last name starts with a B. Perhaps the updates are totally random, or grouped by discipline? Either way, I don't think I will feel comfortable until I have a license number.

Sorry kinda parachuting in with a semi reliable internet connection: is the issue that some people got the pass for NCEES but that it hasn't updated in PALS?

If so, don't worry about it; this happens everywhere all the time. Go enjoy the holiday season, you'll get your license soon enough.

Or are we looking at something different, like an October 2014 style f%^& up?

Sorry kinda parachuting in with a semi reliable internet connection: is the issue that some people got the pass for NCEES but that it hasn't updated in PALS?

If so, don't worry about it; this happens everywhere all the time. Go enjoy the holiday season, you'll get your license soon enough.

Or are we looking at something different, like an October 2014 style f%^& up?
No major issue at this point.  Just different results in PALS for some compared to others.  I'm admittedly being selfish and just want my license :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I am not sure what's going on, my current activity status doesn't match what you guys have posted, also for some weird reason I have 17 tasks, with only 1 not complete... but it says under Principle and Practice as Unchecked...

Not sure what's going on with this, or how my application is listed as Expired, but I was able to sit for the exam three times...  NCEES is showing a Pass, and hasn't changed since results were posted last Thursday.  If anything it's making me nervous!  Hell I would pay the $50 application fee if I knew that I needed to, since I would have originally had to submit an application fee way back when I was first approved to sit for the exam, correct?

Also for reference my last name starts with "V"

Status.PNG

Yeah, I am not sure what's going on, my current activity status doesn't match what you guys have posted, also for some weird reason I have 17 tasks, with only 1 not complete... but it says under Principle and Practice as Unchecked...

Not sure what's going on with this, or how my application is listed as Expired, but I was able to sit for the exam three times...  NCEES is showing a Pass, and hasn't changed since results were posted last Thursday.  If anything it's making me nervous!  Hell I would pay the $50 application fee if I knew that I needed to, since I would have originally had to submit an application fee way back when I was first approved to sit for the exam, correct?

View attachment 12433
I would not worry about expired. Mine said that when I signed up for the exam the third time too, I called to make sure everything was good and the lady told me that there is no way to change it in the system but you are fine. I guess if you fail, and its been more than a year since you first submitted your application, then it says expired, but it shouldn't be a problem.

I would not worry about expired. Mine said that when I signed up for the exam the third time too, I called to make sure everything was good and the lady told me that there is no way to change it in the system but you are fine. I guess if you fail, and its been more than a year since you first submitted your application, then it says expired, but it shouldn't be a problem.
That's good to hear, would just like to see some progress, at least change Principles and Practice to Checked, or Completed or something, it would make me feel better!  You know some other verification outside of NCEES that I passed.  Though from what I read the 2014 mishap had to deal with PCS and not NCEES, so I am less worried... but still!

View attachment 12433
I have exactly this on my PALS page and passed Civil Geotech, at least according to NCEES.  I do have a reference number though, not sure if you erased it for the photo.   Let me know if you have made any progress with this!

No change yet for me.

Out of curiosity, what's actually involved in getting a license number? Once all your application fees and exam results are in, I would assume it's a straightforward process to assign someone an actual reference number for their license. Then again, the nation still hasn't figured out how to count votes properly despite this magical device call an "if-else" statement, so nothing surprises me. 

I have exactly this on my PALS page and passed Civil Geotech, at least according to NCEES.  I do have a reference number though, not sure if you erased it for the photo.   Let me know if you have made any progress with this!
Yeah, mine does have a reference number, but I blanked it out.  I'll post back when I see any updates come through.

No change yet for me.

Out of curiosity, what's actually involved in getting a license number? Once all your application fees and exam results are in, I would assume it's a straightforward process to assign someone an actual reference number for their license. Then again, the nation still hasn't figured out how to count votes properly despite this magical device call an "if-else" statement, so nothing surprises me. 
I'm trying to figure this out too.  You'd think it'd be as simple as mailing you a license but alas, there's more money for the state to collect, and the same information you already submitted for the exam will need to be re-submitted, surely.

A quick look through some old boards makes me think we will get the license numbers at the end of this week or early next week.

A quick look through some old boards makes me think we will get the license numbers at the end of this week or early next week.
Spring 2018 Exam
Results released: 24-May
Posts on EB that licenses are available on PALS: 11-June
Net time: 12 business days

Fall 2017 Exam
Results released: 6-December
Posts on EB that licenses are available on PALS: 20-December
Net time: 10 business days

Before this time they were not using PALS or it was the first time using PALS.

I assume we get license numbers around 20 or 21 December this year...

I'm personally still showing "incomplete" on the two exam check boxes in PALS.  I think (know) that I was one of the last people to get approved for the exam, so maybe that has something to do with the approval sequence.  I took the power exam so maybe they're going by discipline? 

Either way as long as everyone else is also struggling I'm not worried :)

For now, I just want to order my stamp. I can't wait to grab the shaft of my voluptuous rubber stamp, dip it in that silky smooth ink, and caress the page with a gentle thrust over an area covering at least a 1.75 inch diameter circle per the Pennsylvania State Registration Board for Professional Engineers.

For now, I just want to order my stamp. I can't wait to grab the shaft of my voluptuous rubber stamp, dip it in that silky smooth ink, and caress the page with a gentle thrust over an area covering at least a 1.75 inch diameter circle per the Pennsylvania State Registration Board for Professional Engineers.
*is oddly aroused and I don't even go here*

giphy.gif

My license number just appeared on PALS (Civil Discipline, last name starts with B).

My license number just appeared on PALS (Civil Discipline, last name starts with B).
So did mine, last name A.  Does this mean we're official PE's?  Or is there more red tape/applications/fees?

Back