PE Sample Exam - Water/Enviro Diffuculty Level?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GA Tech

Reaction score
Last weekend, I took Lindeberg's PE Sample Exam and faired OK in the breadth exam but seriously struggled with the depth exam (Water/Enviro). While I need to pick up the pace solving the problems in each session, I found the difficulty of the afternoon exam to be very concerning. I was really despondent afterwards, wondering if the months of studying would be worth it (and stressing out over having not started studying Seismic!), when I spoke to a collegue who said he had a similar experience with the PE Sample Exam's afternoon portion.

Does anyone else think the Water/Enviro section in the Sample Exam is unusually difficult compared to the actual exam?

If you do a search of these forums, you will see similar comments/concerns with Lindeburg's sample exam...especially the PM sections.

I was in the exact same boat you are...I started to freak out thinking I wasn't even close to ready for the exam. But I sat down and really studied (read, problems, etc.) on the areas that gave me the most difficulty and am much more confident now. Even Lindeburg says his problems/sample exam is more difficult than the real thing.

Thanks BC...

Yeah, I know I need to work on the stoichiometry problems. The calculations are always fairly straight-forward (g/mole, mg/l, etc.) but it's starting the solution off with the correct chemical equation is what I find difficult. I'm gonna have to work on that this week.

After the Lindeberg practice exam scares the hell out of you (which is good for motivation), I suggest doing the NCEES practice exams. Both the 2000 and 2008 versions. I found it helpful to drill these problems over and over until I knew them inside and out. The 2000 NCEES exam has a CD which gives you the same problems over and over but changes the numbers. These problems are very similar to the exam.

The 2000 NCEES exam has a CD which gives you the same problems over and over but changes the numbers. These problems are very similar to the exam.
Where would one obtain the 2000 NCEES practice problems? I have the 08' but the 2000 is not offered on the NCEES website.

Back