PCS states - CT, MD, MA, NJ, PA, PR, VA, WI - any results yet?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Response I got from PCS:

----------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Re: Maryland PE Exam Results

Good morning,

I apologize for the inconveniences but there has been a delayed in the reconciliation of the FE and PE results. We are working hard so that these results will be released this week. NCEES will email you a link and you'll be able to view and print the results immediately from you NCEES account.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Sorgalin Acevedo
Client Coordinator

----------------------------------------------------------

Yeah there's been a delay alright... They just don't want to admit it's their fault, since the MD coordinator was on vacation.

From my experience PCS releases them to the PA board and then the PA board looks them over. Then the PA board gives NCEES the ok to release the results.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent an email earlier today asking if they could give us some insight into why it takes long (in other words what is all involved. I would be a lot less angry if I knew they were doing some step that other states didn't do. It may not be necessary, but at least it would make sense). As expected, though, I got an answer that dodged the question, but did confirm the Friday expected date:

"We are working with the PA Board to do a final upload. We are hoping scores can be released by Friday. Thank you for your patience."

So I read that as meaning that PCS is done with their portion and are uploading to PA board. If that happens today, I except the board to do whatever they do tomorrow, and get back to PCS, who maybe makes changes or does whatever they need to do on thursday, getting the final results out on Friday. That's all just a guess trying to validate the wait until Friday.

Called PCS: got standard response, "you will get an email".

Just now tried logging into PCS account. It takes back to original screen..

not being able to login to PCS hopefully means they are loading our results??? I know I know....

This has happened to me a bunch. Usually I use Firefox, but if I switch to Internet Explorer and tried to log-in it works.

Are you sure you used the correct password. I notice that's what happens when I use the wrong password. No indication that it was wrong, just redirects to the login screen.

I'm in a positive mood today so I'm debating how to call it - "wishful thinking" or "positive attitude" LOL

I spoke with someone at the MD Board this afternoon... Apparently, they have now received the results from PCS but are getting errors when they try to generate license numbers for those who passed. She added that the person who used to perform this task has left DLLR, and that they are trying to figure out how to correct the glitch.

Assuming they get their act together tomorrow, it should be a very quick turn around time from thereon. The MD board sends the license/id numbers back to PCS where they'll need to click a button to prompt NCEES to release the scores to us.

For those in Maryland, the MD board is holding a Professional Engineering meeting next Thursday June 13th 2013 from 9am-1pm at their headquarters in Baltimore. The meeting is open to the public.

http://www.dllr.state.md.us/license/pe/

https://www.dllr.state.md.us/OPL/

Whether or not we have our scores by then, feel free to attend and give them a piece of your mind. I will be the irate fat guy who looks about one chocolate bar away from a heart attack. I also have severe flatulence, so I will be passing gas a lot.

I spoke with someone at the MD Board this afternoon... Apparently, they have now received the results from PCS but are getting errors when they try to generate license numbers for those who passed. She added that the person who used to perform this task has left DLLR, and that they are trying to figure out how to correct the glitch.

Assuming they get their act together tomorrow, it should be a very quick turn around time from thereon. The MD board sends the license/id numbers back to PCS where they'll need to click a button to prompt NCEES to release the scores to us.
Thx for sharing. You must've gotten some super nice person who took the time to tell you all this. let's see if something pops up tomm. What boggles my mind is that, WHY WHY do they need to assign license numbers right away? PASSING the exam is PASSING the exam. The license number, stamp, certificate is all that follows the results. Just have the damn PCS or NCEES release the results!

I called PCS:

Got a standard response that does not make sense, AGAIN. We are reconciling it and when they are ready to be released you will get an email.

I called MD Board this morning:

Got a very similar response to yours. There is some error in loading the results in the system. Since its a different department that handles that, she does not know when it will be done. She asked me for my SSN, and she got my hear pumping!! She ended up telling me, Nope, I dont have it yet.....

Another day, another day without results in MD.

Great work, DLLR. I wish my agency worked with the lax time frames that DLLR is having in this case. Perhaps they just need some political pressure? Anyone not working for the state want to write to their Delegate or Senator professionally outlining our ordeal and requesting that changes be made at DLLR to ensure it does not happen again in the future?

Back