PASSING MEMBERS POST HERE

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I passed!! Woohooo! Chalk me up for a P. 1st time civil.

Congrats too all that passed, and for those that didn't, keep your head high, you'll get em the next time around.

Last edited:
Finally got the civil exam results in Mass. on Saturday after a long wait seeing everyone else's results.

Was worth it though . . I Passed !! :pASSED2:

I passed, first try Electrical ECC. Thank you to all those who took the time to answer my questions. Now it is my turn to give back. I have 30 years working experience, MSEE, and seven years community college teaching experience. I will answer, to the best of my ability, any electrical questions. Congratulations to all those who passed.

Just checked Colorado. They seem to have updated individual accounts but have not issued license numbers. My account now says Approved. I hope that means I passed. PE Structural, first try.

CONGRATS to all who passed. And to those who didn't YET, do it next time. Many of us took multiple tries.

Finally got my Wisconsin results -- I PASSED!!! Civil / Transportation, 1st try -- WOO HOO!!

(Dated June 26 from CPS in California, received in Wisconsin July 2, I think the pony express was faster)

Congrats to all of you who passed & best wishes on another round of studying to those who need to have another go at it -- don't give up, you'll make it.

OH, and a BIG THANK YOU to all of you for the camaraderie & commiseration while we wait for results . . . In some twisted sort of way it seems to make it slightly more tolerable to know you're not the only one obsessing about your mailbox for days unending.

Congrats JeffC!!! I was just wondering what type of work you do and was your job pressing you to get your PE or was this a personal goal?

Thanks,

HiVolts

Congratulations!!

:multiplespotting:

to everyone who has passed the PE exam this year! Hopefully I will find out shortly if I have joined the illustrious ranks as a Professional Engineer!

Just checked Colorado. They seem to have updated individual accounts but have not issued license numbers. My account now says Approved. I hope that means I passed. PE Structural, first try.
:multiplespotting: :party-smiley-048: Congrats! you should get that certificate suitable for framing before Friday! :thumbs:

Congrats to all the new PEs! :holyness: to those that wait and :reading: to those that missed

:multiplespotting: :multiplespotting: :multiplespotting:

I PASSED!!!! ENVIRONMENTAL, 1ST TIME, MARYLAND

:party-smiley-048: :party-smiley-048: :party-smiley-048:

Congrats JeffC!!! I was just wondering what type of work you do and was your job pressing you to get your PE or was this a personal goal?Thanks,

HiVolts
I design Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) control systems for test facilities that test materials for use in Naval Nuclear Propulsion Systems. Prior to that, I was an engineer in a group that designed control systems for nuclear powered submarines. The job did not require me to get a PE. This effort was done entirely at my expense. I did this for two reasons.

First, about spring time of 2005, I turned to my coworker and said “This job sucks, I am not getting any younger, and I need options.” There are many reasons for saying this, starting with low pay, to management that, and I am being charitable with my words, is not very good. I thought I could retire at 55, but I would have to supplement my income somehow. I lived in this area all my life I do not think that I will move from this area. I am involved in town politics, and the town land use planning board. I have one parent alive, an 86 year old mother who depends upon me. My thought was retire at 55 and there probably are a number of small companies here that use PLC systems. They may not want to have someone on staff, but they may be willing to hire someone to do a job. I just have to find them and make them aware that I exist. I do not know how to do this, but I will figure it out.

The second reason is difficult to explain. I always knew that getting a PE was difficult to do. In fact I thought it would be easier to climb to the top of Mount Everest then get a PE. Also, I was a lucky person; I had two parents who helped me through college. My mother graduated from high school and my father never did, World War II got in the way. College was not a free ride for me. I worked part time, about 25 hours a week, to pay my way through. When I did not have enough money my parents were there for me. I did not realize how hard my father worked to help me until the middle of June of this year. I was out introducing newly endorsed candidates to the voters. An older man recognized my last name and told me that he worked with my father at the General Electric Company in the foundry pouring metal for generator and turbine castings. My father retired in 1986 so it was a while since the two saw each other. He asked me how my father was doing and I told him that dad passed away in 2003. He then told me that my father had the toughest job at General Electric. He said that walking through the doors in to the foundry was like walking through the gates of Hell. There was tremendous heat from the melting metal, smoke and soot. Then he said your father always worked overtime, I can remember him working 36 hours straight. You see, all this time I never realized how much of an effort he made to help me. So when I got my letter with “P”, I said thanks Dad. Call it gratitude or may be I am just nuts.

I got back from a weeks vacation and felt relaxed only to have that come to a screeching halt when I looked in the mail and saw that envelope......But no worries!!!! The vacation continues because I :pASSED2: YEAH!!! Congrats to everyone who passed!!!

Last year I managed to pass the New York FE on the 1st try. I attempted the Architectural Engineering PE this past April and was successful. I thought the news wasn't going to be good considering how truly difficult the exam was. There is very little information on this exam and virtually no study material. I felt like I had studied for three exams, the EE, ME and Civil/Structural. I am glad it is over and I have my license. I also have a new found respect for all professionals.

For those who were unsuccessful this year, do not give up you will certainly get there.

Thanks Dvinny!! I certainly got a lot of help from this website!!! Hopefully, I can repay the favor to those going for it in October

Colorado updated their webpage and I PASSED! :multiplespotting:

1st try ME/Machine Design. Best news is that my buddy who took it with me also passed so that's two new PEs for the company we work for.

I found out while I was on vacation just checking for the heck of it since I didn't anticipate results until later in July. Man, I'm psyched. Everyone who has passed I'm sure knows how I feel. Let's just say a 2 L bottle of Coke and 3/4 bottle of the Captain are no longer!

Keep working to all of you who need to take it again. Once you pass, it will all be worth the effort.

My friend and I both had 5 - 5 1/2 months studying for it and it paid off for us.

Congratulations to everyone else who got to post this one! :pASSED2:

Latest posts

Back