Pass or Fail

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pass = Glenn Levitt

Fail = Find someone to donkey punch (while sipping on Glenn Levitt)

Last edited by a moderator:
He said "Donkey Punch", I love it.

How about when I passed, I had a co-worker and a client in my office, and my secretary sent a note saying my wife was on hold. I told her if the mail came, that she had to call me, so I calmly asked those in the room to excuse me for a second, then I picked up the phone, told her I was in the middle of a meeting.

She said "envelope is here" I said "open it", she said "Already did, YOU PASSED!!!!!!!" She said since it was a big envelope with a magazine, etc. inside she had a feeling it was good to go.

I had a smile, told her "thanks, I'll call back in a few" and then had to calmly go back into my conversation.

Kind of a buzzkill, yet kept me from kicking any dogs. :D (my dog is 205lbs himself, don't want to kick him either)

Also, I logged onto EB.com and made a quick "I PASSED" post while still in my meeting too. :)

Now, I just don't know that I'd be able to handle finding out that way... I think I want to actually open the letter for myself. Then again, it would be nice to find out ASAP.... Maybe I'll make my wife come down and meet me for lunch the day results arrive...

I had previous fail letters, so when she saw one that was a full size 'packet' and looked different, she took the liberty, and I'm glad she did.

Plus, after taking the exams the times I failed, I kinda knew I was questionable. After taking the PE the time I passed, I told her the evening of the exam, that if that wasn't a passing attempt, then nothing would be. I knew I got it, but really didn't want to jinx myself.

yeah... when I took the test I knew that I passed it, and I did... the three month wait was still a pain in the a$$

I do not remember how I celebrated.... I bet I could dig up an ond thread somewhere around here that has the details...

no no no you can't say that. there are some of us who have no idea if we passed or not who want to think we have hope. have a heart :waitwall:

pass: strip all my clothes off, run outside, and do laps around the house naked while screaming like a banshee. then calmly put my clothes back on and get hammered to celebrate.
fail: scream "WHAT THE F*CK, THERE'S NO WAY I FAILED THIS STUPID HORSE SH*T TEST," crumple up the letter, kick the dog, then get hammered and bitch about how i have to start studying again.

10-4 on that

pass: strip all my clothes off, run outside, and do laps around the house naked while screaming like a banshee. then calmly put my clothes back on and get hammered to celebrate.
fail: scream "WHAT THE F*CK, THERE'S NO WAY I FAILED THIS STUPID HORSE SH*T TEST," crumple up the letter, kick the dog, then get hammered and bitch about how i have to start studying again.
Slight modification to the above:

pass: strip down, run outside and do laps around the house naked while screaming like a banshee. Then clamly put my clothes back on and get hammered to celebrate.

fail: scream "WHAT THE F*CK, THERE'S NO WAY I FAILED THIS STUPID HORSE SH*T TEST! IT IS ALL JUDGED BY A BUNCH OF IDIOTS WHO CAN'T GET A REAL JOB DOING ACTUAL ENGINEERING ANYWAY, SO THEY SIT AROUND AND PASS JUDGEMENT ON WHAT THE REST OF US "SHOULD" KNOW. SCREW THOSE LAZY AZZHATS, THEY DON'T KNOW ME!! I'M 17!! I'M A MAN!!!!", crumple up the letter, kick @ the cat, miss, kick the table leg or couch instead, scream like a school girl, writhing in pain. Then, get hammered, spend the night bitching about what insecure dolts the graders of the exam are and about how I have to start studying again because "THE MAN" doesn't think I'm smart enough, and about how the exam is horse sh*t and doesn't test my real judgement capabilities, what are the chances I'll ever need to know half the sh*t on that stupid F'N exam anyway? Then, to cap the night off, strip down, run outside and do laps around the house naked while sobbing uncontrollably like an infant. Then pass out in my neighbor's shubbery.

fail: scream "WHAT THE F*CK, THERE'S NO WAY I FAILED THIS STUPID HORSE SH*T TEST! IT IS ALL JUDGED BY A BUNCH OF IDIOTS WHO CAN'T GET A REAL JOB DOING ACTUAL ENGINEERING ANYWAY, SO THEY SIT AROUND AND PASS JUDGEMENT ON WHAT THE REST OF US "SHOULD" KNOW. SCREW THOSE LAZY AZZHATS, THEY DON'T KNOW ME!! I'M 17!! I'M A MAN!!!!", crumple up the letter, kick @ the cat, miss, kick the table leg or couch instead, scream like a school girl, writhing in pain. Then, get hammered, spend the night bitching about what insecure dolts the graders of the exam are and about how I have to start studying again because "THE MAN" doesn't think I'm smart enough, and about how the exam is horse sh*t and doesn't test my real judgement capabilities, what are the chances I'll ever need to know half the sh*t on that stupid F'N exam anyway? Then, to cap the night off, strip down, run outside and do laps around the house naked while sobbing uncontrollably like an infant. Then pass out in my neighbor's shubbery.
BEST-FAIL-EVAR! :th_rockon:

yeah... when I took the test I knew that I passed it, and I did... the three month wait was still a pain in the a$$
But you wouldn't have been the first if you said "I knew that I passed it, but I didn't". I think this is one of the hardest tests to gauge because you can understand a problem, solve it to an answer listed, and still get it wrong because you made a silly oversight.

I wonder how many score an 85 or better (raw)? 'Cause, yeah, if you do that well, you must have a pretty good feeling! Not that I'd know...

Slight modification to the above:pass: strip down, run outside and do laps around the house naked while screaming like a banshee. Then clamly put my clothes back on and get hammered to celebrate.

damn, now i have to modify my fail plans

But you wouldn't have been the first if you said "I knew that I passed it, but I didn't". I think this is one of the hardest tests to gauge because you can understand a problem, solve it to an answer listed, and still get it wrong because you made a silly oversight.
This is true... and historically, when I feel that I have totally nailed a test is when I actually do the worst... I have always thought this is odd, but its true... another indicator (for me) is that when I do well on an exam, I am usually the first one to leave... I was not paying enough attention to the other testers to know if anyone left before me, but I did finish, check all my answers and leave early for both sections. I had already finished my first scotch at the nearest bar before anyone else from the test showed up... and you instantly know those people when you see them: "you look like you've just sat in that same room I did for the last 8 hours"

Back