PA PE results - Post results here

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rebelboilers,

I felt like I passed when I left the test center, but that confidence has slowly disappeared with time. I know I got alot of questions right, but I hope it was enough to pass. I forgot to take the Roark's book, which made me miss one question definitely.

Good luck and God help us all in PA! Happy new year (hopefully~~)

I checked the license lookup on the the CA BPELS website and my name came up. Does this mean I passed? I have a license number listed. Only thing that gets me is the expiration date is listed as March 2012.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kevin,

You took the PE exam in California, and those results are available. Unfortunately, we are discussing the results that are not out yet in Pennsylvania (PA).

Good Job, by the way.

I checked the license lookup on the the CA BPELS website and my name came up. Does this mean I passed? I have a license number listed. Only thing that gets me is the expiration date is listed as March 2012.
Yes it means you passed. Your intial license is valid until March 2012 whereafter you will have to pay $125 to renew your license for two years. I also passed CA PE Mech T&F. Sorry for the mini hijack of this thread :rolleyes: . Come on PA!! we are all rooting for you

I called PCS this morning. I was told repeatedly that they have 12 weeks to post the resuts. Has anyone gotten anything different from them recently?

I also called this morning, and it was also a useless phone con. She said that they are working hard on "reconciling" the test scores, and that Pennsylvania is a large state and it's taking time. I asked her what "reconciling" means, and she bumbled around "reconciling the test scores to match the NCEES". Shouldn't this be done, or shouldn't it take just a couple hours? They should all be back from holiday vacation by now, and getting back to work.

Seems like FE results for PA haven't been released yet and I think they usually come out first. We might have a while to go.

I think PCS's timeline of 10-12 weeks after the exam is related to NCEES's policy of releasing the results 8-10 weeks after the exam with a 2 week delay built in for PCS to release results. Since NCEES released the exam results after 7 weeks you wouldn't think that PCS would need 3 to 5 weeks to "reconcile" the scores. Why can't someone from PCS just explain what's going on instead of giving the same bs when everyone calls? I can't believe how frustrating this process is.

Yea, its super frustrating! Believe me I am boiling with rage right now!

Today's the day. I have a feeling because it is a cold day in hell. :wave2:

back in 2009 i took the Spring exam and got my results by mail over the 4th of July weekend.

it IS true . . . if its THIN you're IN!! . . . ONE piece of paper is all thats in that envelope!

if you didnt pass its full of crap . . . i didnt even open the one i got before i passed for a week or two . . .it was really full of crap . . .

freind of mine took the PE exam last fall and he knew results before New Years

I received this e-mail today from the PA board as a response from an e-mail last week:

"Thank you for your recent email inquiry.

The testing agency sends out the test results. It is our understand they have a technical problem and will mail the results as soon as the problem is resolved."

JohnHu, I just called PCS to verify how the results will be issued to us. She responded that as far as she knows, the results will still be available on NCEES, and that if that changes then we will get an email. I asked her to direct me to someone who might really know if the plan had changed, she said there was no one.

I'm so frustrated at their appearance of "Professionalism". This is not accepted in my line of work by any means. No one there can give us good acceptable answers and they're keeping us in the dark like we're school children. This is crazy.

JohnHu, I just called PCS to verify how the results will be issued to us. She responded that as far as she knows, the results will still be available on NCEES, and that if that changes then we will get an email. I asked her to direct me to someone who might really know if the plan had changed, she said there was no one.

I'm so frustrated at their appearance of "Professionalism". This is not accepted in my line of work by any means. No one there can give us good acceptable answers and they're keeping us in the dark like we're school children. This is crazy.
I agree with you Rebel. If they were having some sort of technical issue then why not just tell us so. If I knew why I had to wait this long the entire process would be much less frustrating.

Back