Outside U.S Registration

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ahmednasr7075

Reaction score
I passed on FE, and PE exams outside the U.S, also my education meets NCEES standards, and I fill all sections in NCEES.

Now, I would like to get initial License but I don't know which state I should applied in.

I don't know how to get PE reference.

need advice

thank you

If you're wanting to get licensed in the states I would assume that is because you are going to, or already have, moved here or you have plans to do work here.  If so, the answer to the state question is kind of elementary:  I would focus on any state in which you plan to perform engineering work.  Study their specific requirements but if you're degree has already gone through evaluation successfully, you've passed the exams and you can document the required experience with PE references (more on that below), then it likely won't be an issue.

Are you working under any kind of engineering supervision at the moment?  Are any of them credentialed?  If so, the answer becomes elementary again.  If not, it becomes more difficult.  Are you working with any customers that have credentials that would be willing to sign off on your experience? 

It would be helpful if you could provide some more specifics around your circumstances.

Back